Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AustraliaForum.com Editor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been confirmed that charges for many of the most popular visas for working in Australia will rise substantially on 1st January 2013. They are the result of a plan announced by the Australian government in October to bring in a user pays system of charging for visas. As a result the 457 temporary [...]

Click to read the full news article: New Australian visa charges start in January 2013...
Please come back to discuss the story here in this thread.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I guess the "problem" I have with this increase is that Immigration is literally "selling it as" specifically for "popular working visas" or "people coming to Australia to work".

I understand that as the de facto partner of an Australian citizen I, too, will be working in Australia, and that that is a privilege for me, not a right. However that's not what I came here for and I don't consider my visa a "popular working visa".... I consider it a "I'd like to share my life with the person I love" visa and yes work is part of life...

I'm fine with paying the extra money, whatever it takes to stay with my man but that doesn't mean I still get a bit uncomfortable being referred to as "someone applying for a popular working visa". May sound overly sensitive but yeah that's just how it feels to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.