Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Hi Bev....sad situation all round but how or what money was the guy living on in Phil?? I guess he was an older man so possibly part pension or disability, so maybe not much savings to leave to wife n kids......
I suggest she would be much better off staying home where family plays a much bigger support role than in OZ....sad for the kids but its a stark reminder that some forget to make plans to provide for their families while enjoying life in the Philippines......seen this scenario many times before..

Hi Bev....sad situation all round but how or what money was the guy living on in Phil?? I guess he was an older man so possibly part pension or disability, so maybe not much savings to leave to wife n kids......
I suggest she would be much better off staying home where family plays a much bigger support role than in OZ....sad for the kids but its a stark reminder that some forget to make plans to provide for their families while enjoying life in the Philippines......seen this scenario many times before..
" sad for the kids but its a stark reminder that some forget to make plans to provide for their families while enjoying life in the Philippines......seen this scenario many times before"..

Your absolutely right travellor!
It's sad to hear this kind of situation. I have witnessed how my husband spent thousand of dollars to help an Australian citizen whom he met online, who got stuck in poverty and illness in the Philippines years ago with 3 children living in a terrible state. The Filipina wife have to work overseas in Qatar as a domestic helper to support her 3 kids and sick Australian hubby who doesn't have pension.
My hubby had bought him ticket back to Australia, offered him a home, car, food, etc.. for free till he be able to get back on his feet and most importantly get a medical treatment he badly needed. Hubby help him applied old age pension to the Centrelink and also British pension(he's also British citizen).Gladly, he's wife got an Au visa and kids is here now in Australia. It was a difficult and long journey for him and his family but they made it here..:)

As of Bev's friend I wish her and her kids all the best in Life. She might be emotionally better off in Philippines than here in Oz. I don't know Life is just sometimes difficult. :(

What a sad situation. No advice and nothing productive to add that hasn't already been said.

Just wanted to offer my hugs and best wishes to your friend. To lose her husband and be left on her own to raise two young boys would be a nightmare. I hope she has many friends and family to help her through this time xxxx

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.