Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here.
I've planned to study in Monash Uni after my Monash College in SG.
Is there anything that I should consider?
Thanks. =)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi, I'm new here.
I've planned to study in Monash Uni after my Monash College in SG.
Is there anything that I should consider?
Thanks. =)
Hope you enjoy studies at Monash daway and it is a very large University with main campus at Clayton and students to there will rely on private transport or buses from Clayton railway station.
There are a number of campuses and which one you attend will determine transport and student accommodation facilities.
Monash University for details.
Singapore being one of several feeder colleges - Monash College Singapore
You'll find with university study in Australia that you could be mixing with people from other countries as well as from Australia and Universities have good student facilities in terms of a diversity of interests to be followed aside from study.
Irrespective of what you do study, by far the largest change you'll find will be the weather and no constant heat and humidity though summer temperatures can be considerably higher than Singapore, 40C+ reached in recent summers.
Melbourne winters can be cooler days to cold nights and you'll likely feel the change more than Aussies so it is a good idea to think about some warmer clothing, especially if the next few months is when you arrive.
If you google thermal underwear and parkas or duffle coats, you'll see some examples of the type of clothing that will be good.

Whereas in the tropics it is normal to wear as little as possible with lighter loose clothing, when you are in a climate that is cooler and can have a changing environment not just naturally but because of heated transport and buildings, the best approach is to go for a layered approach, a good warm outer garment that can be worn when outside in cold weather and then removed as soon as you're indoors.

To keep heating requirements to a minimum when inside, as temperatures cool in the evening, you can also wear things like thermal underwear and track suits or fleecy lined windcheaters with socks and even fleecy lined footwear to keep warm.
We have in stores like Target and Rivers, some cheap but good enough wool lined or even ship skins slip on boots, the original name being Ugg Boots but many look alikes on the market.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hii m new here i hav many doubts regarding spouse and defacto visa hope
i get som useful information..
thanks.. regards

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hii m new here i hav many doubts regarding spouse and defacto visa hope
i get som useful information..
thanks.. regards
Welcome too celesty and may threads in the visa & immigration section you'll get some good info from as well as a sticky thread by elkitten.
But ask away in that section or any other on information you're after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.