Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I am from the UK and have applied for a partner visa. My husband of nearly 4 years is Australian and my nearly 3 year old twins are Australian by descent.

My application was submitted in Jan 2013, I have received both police and medical clearance and my case officer says there is nothing outstanding on my application and that he won't be requesting any additional information from me.

Does anyone know how long from this point it takes to have the visa granted? My case officer has quoted the usual 8-9 months.
I was just wondering if anyone had received theirs sooner?

Thanks,

Ashley

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are you antsy to leave? :) People do get them sooner sometimes -- but there is never any rhyme or reason to it.

Your best bet is to hope for the best and plan for the worst.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying.

I guess it's just frustrating not being able to book flights etc. I have a job lined up but they're happy to wait as long as it takes (it's with the company I already work for which helps) but I am just so impatient and don't understand the hold up if everything is now complete with my application! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah... you're preaching to the choir on this forum! Personally, my life has been on hold for like 2.5 years to get here.

We're almost done though. The visa came through and if all goes according to plan I will be home in a month! At least you all get to wait together (silver lining).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Oh, and it's probably worth noting that even while your application is complete... so are most of the other ones in the queue. I'm pretty sure that part of the wait is the international background/security checks and the health checks and then another part of the wait is just the demand. They set quotas every year and I'm pretty sure they go through slow-downs to keep at or around those levels. Probably not OFFICALLY of course. But I can think of no other reason for it taking 9 months to do one application and a couple of hours to do another...

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's very true. Do you mind me asking why you've had such a long wait?
After we applied, we only waited like 5 months. Which is about average for Washington DC.

We've been together since early 2011 -- we lived together for three months then my working holiday ran out and I went back to the states. Back to Oz 5 months later for 6 months. At that point, we started doing research and realized that since we lived on a boat... we were REALLY shallow on the cohabitation evidence. Horrified we'd be rejected, we moved to NZ (I got a WHV) and rented a real apartment so we could get some evidence for immigration. FINALLY in December 2012, we thought we had sufficient evidence.

So now, finally, I am getting ready to start my life back up. I'm going to put down some roots and make some friends and work on my career again. It sounds lame even to my own ears... but I am so, so sick of having my belongings in 3 different countries -- of spending so much time in hotels with tiny shampoo bottles and 10 AM check outs...

Oh man is it going to be great to stay in bed all weekend with my love by my side! To make dinner in our kitchen and have friends over for BBQs in OUR back yard.
Wahoo, bring on the domestic bliss. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww, I really hope it all happens soon for you and wish you both every happiness. You guys have had it tough. What part of Oz will you be in? We will be in Perth :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.