Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. :)

New to the site, so thought I'd post an Intro.

I came accross the site by accident while googling some information on partners visa's and how the whole process works and was suprised with how informative this site is, not only that, how much help and personal information people are sharing in order to help others through the process.

My fiancee is from Ukraine, we're looking at possibly applying for a prospective marriage visa in the near future, or possibly even a spouse visa if we decide to get married first. I'm not sure which approach would be better. We are currently organising her next trip here on a tourist visa. We figure we will be patient and visit/live with each other a few more times before applying and make sure we have all bases covered when we finally do apply.

If anyone here has been through the same process, expecially with a partner from the same country, I'd love to hear some suggestions and take on any advice you can share.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from some of you.

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome Mr. E! Glad to see another partner visa applicant here - the more of us are on here, the more we can learn from each other and gather information. I've found this site is more helpful than pretty much any other site on the subject (including the official ones!).

See ya around!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm in exactly the same position as you. My partner is from the Ukraine and we are getting him a visitor visa to come a live with me a bit longer. would give more evidence to a partner visa if we marry before we apply for PMV.

Do you have any update on your current circumstances? would love to know how things are going for you. I'm getting a bit stressed and don't want to be away from my partner for longer than I need to be.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there :)

I do have a very important update: we are getting married in Kiev in 12 days time on the 7th of July. :)

Tanya was in Australia for 3 months during the Christmas holidays right through to the start of May. It was great having so much time together but it went by very fast. We've been distant again since the fourth of March.

After a little over 3 months separation, I fly into Kiev in 9 days. Then we apply for Tanya's visa shortly after I arrive back home mid August. Every time she has visited here she has always been stamped with a no further stay on her visas so I think our only option is to do it off shore. I'm not sure how this move effects our next one but it doesn't matter, I wanted to marry in Kiev out of respect for her Mother, she has only one daughter and we could never afford to bring her family here or expect them to come up with the money, it just feels like the right thing to do.

I know it's hard being distant for long periods of time but hang in there. We worked it out, well Tanya pointed it out, when I arrive in Kiev on the fourth of July, it's exactly a year to the date since I was last on Ukrainian soil and flew back to Australia! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! that is wonderful news. I hope everything goes well for you. I guess that is what my partner and I will have to do but he is coming in 1 month and it is killing me. :( I hope the time passes fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.