Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I lodged a partner visa application 309 last month.
I applied for a fresh AFP clearance certificate and uploaded. But I uploaded one year old Indian PCC(the word "expired" may describe it better). Did not apply for a new PCC for India as I did not live in India for more than a month since the time of the old PCC was issued. Should I apply for fresh PCC or is that sufficient? (I understand that a PCC is valid for one year)

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You will need a valid PCC. If it is more than 1 year old they will eventually ask for a new one.
Thanks for the reply. I am the sponsor not the applicant. Applicant is in India and has uploaded the valid certified PCC. Being the sponsor, I uploaded Australian valid PCC (issued last month). I uploaded Indian PCC which was issued in February 2016 (an year old) but since the time of Indian PCC was issued, I did not live in India for more than a month. Why would I need to get criminal record check again when I did not live in that country since the last criminal check? I don't understand the reason and it does't make sense to me..

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am the sponsor not the applicant. Applicant is in India and has uploaded the valid certified PCC. Being the sponsor, I uploaded Australian valid PCC (issued last month). I uploaded Indian PCC which was issued in February 2016 (an year old) but since the time of Indian PCC was issued, I did not live in India for more than a month. Why would I need to get criminal record check again when I did not live in that country since the last criminal check? I don't understand the reason and it does't make sense to me..
Have you lived in India for 12 months or more in the past 10 years?

That's what they need, a current police check from EVERY country you've live in for 12 months or longer in the past 10 years

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have you lived in India for 12 months or more in the past 10 years?

That's what they need, a current police check from EVERY country you've live in for 12 months or longer in the past 10 years
OK - "A CURRENT" explains it all!

But when a person is not living in that country how is it possible to commit any crime?
I got my PCC up until the time I lived there...

·
Registered
917 Posts
OK - "A CURRENT" explains it all!

But when a person is not living in that country how is it possible to commit any crime?
I got my PCC until the time I lived there...
I understand what you mean but that's their regulations.

Also, it is possible to gain a criminal record without being in the country, for example if you had outstanding debts to the government in some countries.

You could always wait for them to request the checks from you later on.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
My understanding is that the sponsor only needs an AFP only unless they are currently living in another country. I would wait and see if they request a new Indian police check.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My understanding is that the sponsor only needs an AFP only unless they are currently living in another country. I would wait and see if they request a new Indian police check.
That's what I thought too but then I came across this on the DIAC website:

"If the sponsor has not spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16, they must provide a police certificate from any country, including their home country, that they spent a total of 12 or more months in the last 10 years"

I don't know how long the OP has been in Australia that's why I was explaining that he may need a current Indian police check but suggested for him to wait it out and see if they request it :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I thought too but then I came across this on the DIAC website:

"If the sponsor has not spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16, they must provide a police certificate from any country, including their home country, that they spent a total of 12 or more months in the last 10 years"

I don't know how long the OP has been in Australia that's why I was explaining that he may need a current Indian police check but suggested for him to wait it out and see if they request it :)
Thanks Mish and Ramah.

I have been living in Australia for the past 3 years.
Unitl 2014 I lived in India.

PCC from India issued in December 2015 (this means PCC expired in December 2016).

I got my AFP clearance just a couple of weeks ago and I uploaded to immiAccount.

I did not apply for a new Indian PCC. Just thinking whether to wait for CO to ask or to apply for a new one ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.