Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suppose to apply for subclass 176 but just last Saturday 8/5 IMMI decided to temporary suspension of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications until 30th of June. Here is the link

www(DOT)immi(DOT)gov(DOT)au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#p

They mention that they will come out with the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL) list sometime in May. I am wondering is this the latest one which was suppose to come out in May?

www(DOT)immi(DOT)gov(DOT)au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

There is no date stated on the copy last update. Could it be this one? I need to look at the latest one to see if my job is still under the SOL list or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I am suppose to apply for subclass 176 but just last Saturday 8/5 IMMI decided to temporary suspension of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications until 30th of June. Here is the link

www(DOT)immi(DOT)gov(DOT)au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#p

They mention that they will come out with the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL) list sometime in May. I am wondering is this the latest one which was suppose to come out in May?

www(DOT)immi(DOT)gov(DOT)au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

There is no date stated on the copy last update. Could it be this one? I need to look at the latest one to see if my job is still under the SOL list or not. Thanks.
No, not available yet, it originally being expected that it could have been out by 30 April but it was no real surprise that this date was not met.
Keep checking on
What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration
and you'll see where things are at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply Wanderer...

another one is the MODL list...now i believe that's been scrapped too right and replaced with the new SOL coming list am i right?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
thanks for the reply Wanderer...

another one is the MODL list...now i believe that's been scrapped too right and replaced with the new SOL coming list am i right?
The new SOL has been announced Barney, just this morning and I've put a temporary sticky thread up and also link on http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/3493-diac-new-gsm-plan-priorities.html

The MODL was a sub set or derivative, whatever you want to call it of the SOL and though having a reasonable basis at the time, like all good things it can get outdated and not a good servant of the system which is what had happened and yes that was revoked in February.

Immigration for Australia in respect to the skills stream clearly has a stronger focus on matching people to where employment opportunities are via employer sponsorship and where people want to take the risk of immigrating to then find employment, the new SOL is claimed to represent occupations that there may more clearly be a demand for.

The use of State Migration Plans, yet to be announced will supplement that approach by the states defining their individual demand occupations, a similar approach to the state/territory sponsorship and so I would not be surprised to see some transitional action and eventual merging of sponsorship and SMP occupations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.