Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

The introduction of new Occupation list on 17th May has confused me a bit on following:

1. Is ACS still the assessing authority for me if my experience matches an IT occupation on the new List?
2. How many points do I score for an IT occupation on the new list – 60? Or have they changed?
3. Where can I calculate my points if the points system has been changed.
4. What would be priority of my application - as i dont think CSL is applicable after new SOL, so priority should be Employer sponsored->State Sponsored->People who are on new SOL, right?

My plan is to get my self assessed by ACS and lodge my GSM 175 application when GSM 175 is resumed so I want to be sure about how many points do I score.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi,

The introduction of new Occupation list on 17th May has confused me a bit on following:

1. Is ACS still the assessing authority for me if my experience matches an IT occupation on the new List?
2. How many points do I score for an IT occupation on the new list - 60? Or have they changed?
3. Where can I calculate my points if the points system has been changed.
4. What would be priority of my application - as i dont think CSL is applicable after new SOL, so priority should be Employer sponsored->State Sponsored->People who are on new SOL, right?

My plan is to get my self assessed by ACS and lodge my GSM 175 application when GSM 175 is resumed so I want to be sure about how many points do I score.

Thanks
Re 1. & 2. , everybody is at the mercy of Immi re full information being published and as per http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/4359-assessment-under-new-sol.html I cannot really help further nor will anyone unless they have credible advice from Immi.

The question is likely to be in the minds of quite a few and it was Immi's intention to have the new SOL out early so people could do some points assessing and get qualifications assessments underway.

I've sent an email to Immi pointing out that they may have overlooked something they just assume will stay the same but agree they do need to get a confirmation out.

I'll also see what gives with their hot line info in the morning, seing as it is an easier call from within Australia but you can only rely on so much re advice over the phone.

So ditto 3.

Priorities are as per http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing.pdf and people who have applications in for occupations on the old CSL will still have a priority, but not re new applications.

I'd suggest to people that they ought to have a good look at the State Migration Plan situation when it is announced, otherwise, expect to be in for a substantial wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Wanderer,

Do let me know what do they say on the hot line on this. Any ideas when State Migration Plan is going to be announced?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks for the reply Wanderer,

Do let me know what do they say on the hot line on this. Any ideas when State Migration Plan is going to be announced?

Thanks.
The Hot line has proven to be not too hot and not even luke warm unfortunately for the people there can only really answer on what has been published and are not privvy to development aspects.
Their function for now is really only to tell people what they could have learnt from the Immi website.

Replies from the GFU normally take somewhat longer for they'll usually forward suggestions/complaints onto a relevant section within Immi.

I'll make this a temporary sticky thread for now so other people with similar queries can easily find it or I can to use as a reference link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, can i know where i should find the score for SOL? i want to know what is the score for chef skill? or can you give me advice where i can find the new regulations for SOL, and the point that i should reach for being permanent residence?
thanks Anyway... :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hi, can i know where i should find the score for SOL? i want to know what is the score for chef skill? or can you give me advice where i can find the new regulations for SOL, and the point that i should reach for being permanent residence?
thanks Anyway... :)
Unless my eyesight has failed me, Chef is not on the new SOL
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf
So if you are offshore and thinking of immigration you'll need to wait and see if it will be on the new employer sponsored list.
If you are an existing student, there are some transitional arrangements that could apply in respect to Chef being on the old SOL and points will be as they were on that.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-new-sol.pdf
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf
As for any visa, be it an onshore or offshore application, the points needed at the moment for PR are 120 as an independent or 100 with state or family sponsorship.
Or alternately, the employer sponsor route is points free.
Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello there

i read the previous posts and replies and i think that my case is no different from these two posts
i am a pharmacist and the three kinds of jobs requiring a pharmacist were on the old sol
and also the hospital pharmacist was on the MODL and the CSL
so for me too i have to wait for the new Employer sponsored list to see if i am on it or not?
right??
but what about getting sponsored by a state or a teritory with special circumstances like a low population area or state, is it possible to get a sponsorship or direct myself to this territory and mention that in my application and it could benifit my application?
i dont know i just dont know.........

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
i read the previous posts and replies and i think that my case is no different from these two posts
i am a pharmacist and the three kinds of jobs requiring a pharmacist were on the old sol
and also the hospital pharmacist was on the MODL and the CSL
so for me too i have to wait for the new Employer sponsored list to see if i am on it or not?
right??
but what about getting sponsored by a state or a teritory with special circumstances like a low population area or state, is it possible to get a sponsorship or direct myself to this territory and mention that in my application and it could benifit my application?
i dont know i just dont know.........
The states are quite possibly sorting out their situations in respect to having both a State Migration Plan and Sponsorship lists for both state wide and regional areas, there being potential for quite some overlap and as it seems now there will be a two tier listing by states.

With the states never having traditionally had an extensive staffing need for their involvement in immigration, I'd say what people they do have are struggling with the format and the reason why State Migration Plans are yet to be released.

There has been no indication that 176 and 475 visas will not exist and the detail of what the State Plans will have in respect to points will likely not be known until Immi have things sorted with the states and so yes the answer in a nutshell is that it is a waiting game and then you'll be able to see if your occupation is listed anywhere for 176 , 475 - Visa Options - Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration or even via an employer sponsored approach - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration if your occupation is listed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dears,

I request your help for my immigration to Australia. I am an Electronics Engineer (4 yrs course) from India and have an experience of 4 years. I am under 30 and would like to immigrate to Australia for a permanent residence.

I have got struck because of my profession and temporary hold of new Visa applications.

I am into sales of Electronics Components for last few years. I am afraid to proceed with my visa application because of the assessment with IEA. As per IEA site, applicant should have a CDR with technical experiences, which is not available much in my job. I request you to advice whether I will be able to migrate Australia with experience of Electronic component sales. Can I use my experiences of my final year project to show my knowledge? Please advice.

Also please advice present job opportunities at Australia for Sales / Marketing (Electronics).

I have not processed Visa application yet. I also request you to advice, whether I should wait till 1 July 2010 to know the new announcements of Australia Government on Immigration.

Will there be any changes in pass point systems / SOL / CSL ? Please advice and help..

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Dears,

I request your help for my immigration to Australia. I am an Electronics Engineer (4 yrs course) from India and have an experience of 4 years. I am under 30 and would like to immigrate to Australia for a permanent residence.

I have got struck because of my profession and temporary hold of new Visa applications.

I am into sales of Electronics Components for last few years. I am afraid to proceed with my visa application because of the assessment with IEA. As per IEA site, applicant should have a CDR with technical experiences, which is not available much in my job. I request you to advice whether I will be able to migrate Australia with experience of Electronic component sales. Can I use my experiences of my final year project to show my knowledge? Please advice.

Also please advice present job opportunities at Australia for Sales / Marketing (Electronics).

I have not processed Visa application yet. I also request you to advice, whether I should wait till 1 July 2010 to know the new announcements of Australia Government on Immigration.

Will there be any changes in pass point systems / SOL / CSL ? Please advice and help..

Thanking you in advance.
The CSL is no longer in existence and no further details are known for the new SOL other than the list of occupations being published.
Please start a new thread re any other queries so as we keep this thread on topic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
does this thread relate to the latest amendment?
i think i may start my own thread as it relates more to a group of friends that need some advice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does this thread relate to the latest amendment?
i think i may start my own thread as it relates more to a group of friends that need some advice.
Yes this thread relates to latest changes introduced on 17th May and onwards and it is for everyone not specific to a group of friends.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Just updating

Whereas a list of occupations for the new SOL has been created, it is associated with all the other changes announced on 08February and legislation needs to be passed before all new regulations including the SMPs can be implemented.

Getting legislation drafted, through both houses of parliament and then final stamp of approval by the GG can be a lengthy and at times variable task.

It may even be that each of the states also need to enact new legislation for the SMPs

In regard to the SOL in particular, the legislation needs enactment before the new SOL will be published in its normal format.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am Network Administrator with 2 years of experiance. Bachlor of IT Engineer.

Am i eligible for SRS visa as per new SOL ?

Awaiting reply.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I am Network Administrator with 2 years of experiance. Bachlor of IT Engineer.

Am i eligible for SRS visa as per new SOL ?

Awaiting reply.
ACS have normally required 4 years of experience for assessment under ASCO classifications whereas I think there is five years mentioned on ANZSCO descriptions.
You really need to wait for the new SOL, SMPs and sponsorship lists to be published.

·
Registered
15 Posts
how long is the wait?

hi wanderer,

I appreciate your responses, Thanks in advance.

my qualification is on the new SOL, few questions:

1. Should I start the acs assessment? Or Should i wait?
2. How long is the wait any ideas any guess? max wait?
3. where should i get my docs verified for acs?

Thank you for your time.
Edit: This thread is more specifically re the SOL in general and what is happening with it, not for specific occupations discussion, so other than previous post/answers a new thread is the go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New SOL

Hello,
I had a question about the new sol about the Engineering technologist profession, as in the previous list they were subdivided in to part like electrical engineering technologist and so forth. I am classified as a Electronics Engineering technologist, would I be able to apply under the Engineering technologist and if not what are my options.
Thanks
Edit: Ditto post above but in brief, all will be clearer when new SOL is published.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re

Hello,
I had a question about the new sol about the Engineering technologist profession, as in the previous list they were subdivided in to part like electrical engineering technologist and so forth. I am classified as a Electronics Engineering technologist, would I be able to apply under the Engineering technologist and if not what are my options.
Thanks
Edit: Ditto post above but in brief, all will be clearer when new SOL is published.
I thaught it already did.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re

There is a list of occupations that is proposed to be the new SOL but it will not be published as the SOL whilst the existing one is still current.
thanks, so my guess would be that this list will be implemented after july first along with the points. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.