Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

It has come to my attention that the new sponsorship approval process will apparently come into play from the 10th of June at the latest. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how this process will work with those currently on 300 visas. My fiance has just arrived on his 300. It expires in November and our wedding is all booked for the beginning of July as this is the earliest his family can come to Australia for it.

Just worried that if we need to get sponsorship approval and it takes a really long time, what happens when my partner's 300 expires if we haven't been able to apply for his 820?

Cheers, Pyrite

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
These are the sort of details we are all waiting for. I can’t see there being any changes to the 300 to 820/801 process, as long as it is the same sponsor.

Reactions: Pyrite

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the sort of details we are all waiting for. I can't see there being any changes to the 300 to 820/801 process, as long as it is the same sponsor.
Thank you for the reply. I thought that may be the case that no one really knows for sure. Everything I've seen online has had no details. I am hoping there wont be any changes. The whole point of 300 is to allow you to marry and apply for the 820/801.

We are considering getting married early at the courthouse and then doing the ceremony in July in case the changes affect us, but the idea would be very unpopular with our families.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
As you are holding a sc. 300, your sponsor would already have been approved. I can’t see any issues, unless he does something silly in the meantime. Most likely he’ll just need a new police certificate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you are holding a sc. 300, your sponsor would already have been approved. I can't see any issues, unless he does something silly in the meantime. Most likely he'll just need a new police certificate.
Thats good to know! Thank you for your replies. It will be easy to get a new police check for myself (am sponsor). Definitely no plans to do anything silly ever heh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.