Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All :)

Ive just joined this forum as i would really appreciate a little help and advice....

Me and my fiance are both uk citizens but my fiance also has his permanent residency as his parents emmigrated to Australia in 2006. We have been together for 4.5 years and are currently in the process of gathering all our evidence to apply for our prospective marriage visa.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Did he take a trip himself to Australia to validate his own visa and if not he may want to check that he actually has PR.
I assume if you have been together for 4.5 years you should not have too great a difficulty with showing that and a PMV should not be so difficult to support.
With a PR, a partner visa can be refused if the sponsor is not normally residing in Australia but there is nothing showing that for the PMV that I can see - Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did he take a trip himself to Australia to validate his own visa and if not he may want to check that he actually has PR.
I assume if you have been together for 4.5 years you should not have too great a difficulty with showing that and a PMV should not be so difficult to support.
With a PR, a partner visa can be refused if the sponsor is not normally residing in Australia but there is nothing showing that for the PMV that I can see QUOTE]

Hi there, thankyou for your reply :)

Yes he has validated his visa. Hes lived there for 2years out of the last 5. We have both lived between the uk and australia :)
I have posted a longer thread detailing our current situation and have had some very usefull feedback. I think with the help i have received on this forum we should easily be able to apply for the pmv :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.