Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but would like to take the time to introduce myself. Who here knows about partner visa's?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bf and I have been together for nearly 2 years now and we have decided to start a family. He came here from England 7 coming up to 8 years now and has since graduated from uni with a diploma in commerce which he has been working full time as an accountant for over 2 years now. Its only been a recent decision to look into other pathways that don't involve sitting the IELTS each month and I have been told we could apply for a spouse visa. We have strong evidential proof the relationship is genuine such as over seas trips, a very wide range of medical practitioners to vouch for our relationship and an even bigger range of family and friends both in England and here as our last trip was to England so I can meet his family and also because he hasn't seen his family since coming here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what we can see, it seems that a spouse visa will be a good option for your case,
It will entitle your bf to a temporary visa while you get married in Australia; it normally gives you around 9 months to get married.

If you need more information you can contact a migration lawyer or send your case to [email protected] com and they will be able to help you more in depth with your personal case.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your advice. It is very much appreciated. We have made an appointment to see an immigration agent here in Adelaide.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You would be best off posting this in the migration section of the forum. You will also find a large abundance of info there on the partner visa.
You will require a lot more evidence than what you have advised above - leases, joint bank accounts, utility bills in your names, wills, each other noted down as super beneficiaries etc etc. Along with seeing a registered MARA agent I'd suggest reading the partner visa booklet available on the immigration website.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Also the visa that was suggested above by the other member is a PMV visa - you can only apply for this offshore...
Your can apply for a 820 partner visa on shore but current waiting times are 12-18months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.