Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am a Pom (Brit, Limey, etc) originally from the south-east of England. New to this website, but have been Australia for just over 2.5yrs. I live in the SE QLD area and am loving every day I wake up here.

I first came to Australia on a holiday in Apr '12 with my now (Australian) wife. I was so instantly taken in by the country and its people that I decided as soon as I got back that one day I would emigrate.

Fast forward nine months and I was applying for my prospective marriage visa (PMV/300) while in the UK. My fiancée had to leave the UK in May '13, but had to stay to wait out my PMV (and continue earning money). PMV was granted in Sep '13. I moved out to Australia a short time later to be reunited with her and we tied the knot in Apr '14. Shortly after I applied for my Partner Temp (820) and it was granted in mid-Jun '14.

I have recently applied for my 2nd stage 801 and am awaiting further news.

Very happy to have found this forum and wish you all well.

Regards, Matt

Reactions: lobster and jacob77

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...also to add. Having been through the process of PMV/300, TR820 and PR801. I am obviously more than happy to offer any help or advice I can to others in a similar position.

Matt

Reactions: jacob77

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I was so instantly taken in by the country and its people that I decided as soon as I got back that one day I would emigrate.
It's a common feeling for us original Brits, and normally the weather does it, but I got a reminder of the UK this morning, at just 2°C out near Toowomba.
But it's a nice 24° again at lunchtime. :)

I came out 30 years back, (very easy back then) but going through the visa's now for my wife.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey JandE nice to meet you.

I actually live in Toowoomba so I know exactly what you mean, it has been a little 'fresh' here this past week or so! :eek:

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Hey JandE nice to meet you.

I actually live in Toowoomba so I know exactly what you mean, it has been a little 'fresh' here this past week or so! :eek:
Do you notice how some people are all rugged up while outside, but others are still in shorts etc...

Its easy to tell the recent British arrivals, who say its fresh, compared to those who say it's freezing ;)

Havw you got used to the inside/outside temps yet.. Having to go outside to get warm in the winter?
14° inside but 24° outside (in the sun) at 9am today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first winter out here in 2014, was an interesting one where, like you say its warmer outside during the day than it is inside. I was a bit of a weird person back in the UK, almost wearing t-shirts into the depths of winter there, so Toowoomba was t-shirt weather all year round for me :D.

But now it's 2016 and I am acclimatised, and think it's freezing too! I have said to my wife we are only ever going back to the UK for visits between the months of May-September ;).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.