Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am an Aussie with an Egyptian de facto partner and we are in the process of putting all the paper work together for a partner visa. From past experience (applied for a prospective marriage visa in 2008 and embassy scared my partner into withdrawing) then he applied for a tourist visa about 15 months ago but it wasn't granted) it is so frustrating and expensive! I gather it is very difficult getting visas through the embassy in Cairo but what can we do? This time we are applying for a partner visa as we have been living together in Cairo for a little over a year. I have so many questions but I'll start with this one - Can anyone recommend a good Immigation lawyer or Migration agent? According to the MARA website there aren't any registered with MARA in Egypt so maybe I should get one in Australia. It would be good to find someone with experience in getting a partner visa from Cairo.I have to return to work in Perth in 10 days as I could only afford one year's leave without pay. If we can't get this visa I could try and get a teaching job in the Middle East as I'm not impressed with education in Egypt however I really just want to be able for us to live together in Australia.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It does seem as though it has been a tough ask via Cairo Julie and more so if someone is from Morocco it would seem.
Here in Australia we can only assume that Immi do have their reasoning re nationals of some countries re history and they know what to be on the look out for in determing their assessments.
Perhaps seeing as you've been there for over a year continuously and are actually in Eygpt, it could be different and just make sure you have all your supportive documentation in order and I do not know that an agent can really help you so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.