Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am bit confused with the information on the Department of Home Affairs website regarding a child to 820 visa holder and Australia Citizen parent.

Link: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...820-and-801)-document-checklist#tab-content-2

If your child is born in Australia after you lodge your application but before a decision is made, complete Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (150KB PDF). The child will then be added to your application.

My wife holds the 820 visa but the child will be born before 801 application is lodged. Do I have to provide details on Form 1022?

I am an Australian Citizen and the birth of the child will be in Australia. The child will automatically gets the citizenship.

Do I still have to provide the details to home affairs department in regards to the 820/801 application?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
PurpleArmy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information.

I tried to log in to my immiaccount and there are no option to update "Notification of changes in circumstances" because the information is finalised.

I should be providing the information in stage 2 801 application?

Thanks,
PurpleArmy

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I don't think they need to be notified prior to the 801 application.

The 801 application is where you produce the child's birth as evidence of your relationship - and that will cover many parts of the relationship. A large amount will also be financial.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The child won't be added in the sense of getting a visa as they are already a citizen.

Our child was born after Stage 1 (820) was finalised but before Stage 2 (801) eligibility. I just uploaded birth cert and other info to my evidence docs for my Stage 2 when I became eligible, and of course within the online form itself when asking about family members.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The child won't be added in the sense of getting a visa as they are already a citizen.

Our child was born after Stage 1 (820) was finalised but before Stage 2 (801) eligibility. I just uploaded birth cert and other info to my evidence docs for my Stage 2 when I became eligible, and of course within the online form itself when asking about family members.
Thank you for clarifying :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.