Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI,
I am in the process of filling out my 47SP form. I have a question about nicknames. My nickname is unrelated to my legal name and I've been going by it since I was in highschool. My question is do I have to declare my nickname in question #14 "Other names you are, or have been, known by (including name at birth, previous married names, aliases). I am afraid that if I mention it, it will complicate the matter. I would really appreciate it if someone could advise me on this. Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
unless you have a lot of online evidence that only uses that name, then perhaps mention it as part of any cover letter you are doing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I am thinking of writing a separate letter explaining why the name in all my correspondence is different from my legal name. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you've been going by the nickname since highschool then I'd absolutely include it. It's not uncommon for people to go by derivatives of their name, like Liz or Betty instead of Elizabeth, etc. Better to include it than not.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I have been known by many nicknames I know about a good 6, I was told I had one I can not remember now, from a guy I had sacked when I was working in Africa as a Chief Engineer (he told me at an airport in a Germany transit lounge where I brought him a beer and had a chat years later).

So getting Police Clearances for "Henry Chicken Hawk" or just Henry and some Afrikaans name I cant recall, from all countries lived per the requirements would be a laugh for sum.

My ex Viktoriia (Vika)only put her other name as her maiden name - but all our evidence other than official documents was simply Vika. The name Viktoriia was only used once and first like above with (Vika) right after it the only Vika was used in the rest of statements, letters even 888's.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did include 3 nicknames/aliases in question #14 because fiirst, I am using nickname in my FB. Second and third I am always using my nickname in building materials receipt and they spelt differently by 2 letters lol. These were uploaded as evidence so I did not explain why I have included them in Q14 :)

I even included these nicknames in my AFP here, lol.

cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.