Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I’m an Aussie married to a Uruguayan citizen and our 6 year old (born in Uruguay) is also Australian by descent. My husband and I have been married for over ten years and we are contemplating moving to Australia in 2019. The VISA we're considering for him to apply for will be Partner 820 class as we intend to file his application upon arrival to Australia.

My question is: under what type of visa should he arrive to Australia in order to file his application for the 820 visa? Would a Visitor/ Tourist visa without the No Further Stay clause be ok?
My immediate family is in Australia, so our intention is to visit family and friends to get started. (I realize that the 'intent' of your application for any VISA is of high importance when you speak to IMMI). However, in our case, and since we wish for him to apply onshore since we do not want to have our family separated during the waiting period, we want to ensure that this is a suitable action plan i.e arrive on a tourist visa and then apply for the 820. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.