Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i ve applied in berlin office on the 27th of may For a spouse visa and assigned a case officer on the 26 of june. I tried to contact my case officer several times in the last month but she never reply to my email. Then i called berlin to have an explanation on the co situation and the girl on the centralin said that she cant give me any answer and at that time my co wasn t on her desk; i ve got the same answer two time.
Is it anyone in this situation?
This situation is getting fraustrating now!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Client Service Charter
will give you a guide to processing times but they have also slowed since last year and you will only be taking up the time of a CO by expecting information.
Be patient and you will be contacted when the time is right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but this does not mean that they cant even answer to email or answer at the phone! Who are this people? I m just getting so upset you ve got no idea!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Billuk,

I totally sympathise with you! Quite a few people have had this problem, including me.

True, Wanderer has a valid point about taking up valuable time, but when one actually is in this situation, the perspective changes and it becomes impossible to patiently wait for months without any communication.

They claim to try to get back to you within three working days, but it doesn't always happen. No response just adds enormously to the tension of the visa wait. Be polite but persistent until you get an answer, but after that, take a back seat.

Wishing you all the best and a quick visa success :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank s skydancer, believe me i never be annoying with them but this no answer situation is too much. Really don t know.. I ll wait a little be now .

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If it is known that full visa processing will take many months if not closer to a year or more and that your application is going to be one of hundreds if not thousands which is possibly not even going to get an initial look for weeks or more before any further processing steps depending on type and location, you may realise that if more than a few start trying to get updated it is only going to delay things for everybody and that is also quite possible.
As to who these people are, they are humans just like you and I who have to process hundreds of applications and they will have leave, sick days and training days, perhaps also be temporarily assigned other duties, take coffee and lunch breaks and possibly also be training other people.
In doing all this their job requires that they adhere to the immigration regulations and any local practices that the heirarchy decide are required.
They may even decide there is a better job to be found and leave the organisation or have found what they consider to be a better job.
I do not suggest you be persistent at all for also put yourself in the position of one having a stack of applications in process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi wanderer, i understand what you are saying and understand that everything that i want to do it worth nothing but i live in sydney and i m going to
Leave the country for the second time now and all this is getting me so upset. I m not angry with the case officers but with the sistem that australian immigration put all us in. Also can t understand why when someone, like friend of mine, apply onshore for the same visa he get it approved on the spot!
Regards

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi wanderer, i understand what you are saying and understand that everything that i want to do it worth nothing but i live in sydney and i m going to
Leave the country for the second time now and all this is getting me so upset. I m not angry with the case officers but with the sistem that australian immigration put all us in. Also can t understand why when someone, like friend of mine, apply onshore for the same visa he get it approved on the spot!
Regards
If you bother to check immigration regulations for other countries you may find that Australia is not too different from most others.
To apply for an onshore visa you need to be eligible to do so and as for getting any visa on the spot, it would be a very rare situation for that to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.