Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife does not have a current visa. I have applied for social housing for us both. It says she has to be a citizen or a resident. Is she technically a temporary resident because she lives at my current address?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be quite honest, I am not 100% sure. She tells me she is fine to stay in Australia even though I have my doubts. I know her visa expired a while back, but am in the dark at the moment. Lets say that she is here illegally, what does that mean for her in regards to my housing issues?

·
Registered
917 Posts
To be quite honest, I am not 100% sure. She tells me she is fine to stay in Australia even though I have my doubts. I know her visa expired a while back, but am in the dark at the moment. Lets say that she is here illegally, what does that mean for her in regards to my housing issues?
If she's here illegally, she's not considered as anything, not even a temporary resident.

Which visa was she last on?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Subclass 600. She is now waiting for her partner visa 309 that was done offshore.
If you both want her partner visa to be approved then you need to be more proactive in ascertaining whether or not she has a visa currently.

Both of you (as you're in a partnership) should be more aware of her immigration status.

If she's been here illegally for a while then be prepared for a visa refusal.

When did she lodge the partner visa application and when did she arrive in Australia?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is because she keeps me in the dark. I sometimes wonder if she is telling me the truth about her current stay in Australia.

Just keeping my options open. I had an issue with her trying to convince me that my family should support her because they sponsored her. I disagree with her, but she makes me feel bad,

·
Registered
917 Posts
It is because she keeps me in the dark. I sometimes wonder if she is telling me the truth about her current stay in Australia.

Just keeping my options open. I had an issue with her trying to convince me that my family should support her because they sponsored her. I disagree with her, but she makes me feel bad,
May I ask how long you've been together?

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Is she on a family sponsored visa? Some countries refer to the person in Australia as a sponsor when in fact they are not.

After 4 years you should know her pretty well and there should be no secrets.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts

This clearly does not add up. :confused:

I feel like she is hiding something from you. Has she ever provided any documents for her visa to you ?

Have you ever spoke to her family members etc ? Cause 4 years is a long time in a relationship

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did check her vevo account in july and it did say she has no current visa. My wife said it is fine, but I can no longer check her vevo account as I can no longer find any details to put in it. Perhaps once the partner visa is granted, her vevo account will be accessible again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did check her vevo account in july and it did say she has no current visa. My wife said it is fine, but I can no longer check her vevo account as I can no longer find any details to put in it. Perhaps once the partner visa is granted, her vevo account will be accessible again.
That should have raised alarm bells if there was no visa. cause there would be a bridging visa.

As to what i understood so far is that she is relying on your parents to sponsor her as they provided her with a letter to visit .

You mentioned that she applied for a partner visa last October, hopefully she is currently on a bridging visa.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.