Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI for 189 visa under the 2613 category as a software engineer in April 2014 and still haven't received any invitation. My agent is handling the whole process and i have been sponsored by my uncle.
Timeliness are as follows

1. Appeared for Ielts and scored overall 8 bands (L 8.5/R 8/S 8/W 7)
2. Received positive assessment from ACS in November 2013
3. EOI submitted in April 2014

and still waiting for the invitation

At the time of submitting EOI i receuved only 25 points for my age but now i have turned 25 so i suppose the system should have updated my age points

My points breakdown is

Degree: 15
English : 10
Sponsorship by relative :10

Total: 65 (60 at the time of EOI submission)

So my question is what could have gone wrong that i still didn't receive any invitation?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am still new to this forum and this is the first time I have seen anybody waited for nearly a year. You did mention having an agent. Would your agent have an idea of the situation?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
As has been mentioned to you on another forum - you can't apply for a 189 with points for faintly sponsorship. It's not valid.

So it must be a 489 you have applied for - family sponsored visas are inferior and you would be best seeing if you can qualify for a non family sponsored visa e.g with points for work experience.

Hopefully your agent is MARA registered and that you have just had some miscommunication and you have in fact applied of a 489.

Otherwise I suggest you get a new agent.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
As Engaus has said, there's no ability for family to sponsor a 189 visa so you'd get no points for having family here.

If you've applied for a 489 family sponsored visa, the allocation of these invitations is very low (last I heard it was 35 per invitation round) so it wouldn't be surprising that you're still waiting.

I'd speak with your agent as it doesn't sound like they've been very good at telling you what you can apply for, and what they may have applied for on your behalf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.