Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

My 820 got accepted with my partners family signing our 888. Recently we have cut off contact from them due to abuse, me and my partner are quiet people, we work then go home and do not have anyone to sign our forms. What can we do?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
It will seem pretty suspicious in my opinion if no one is willing to vouch for your relationship being genuine.

Surely you have neighbors? Coworkers that have met both of you and know of your relationship? Any friends at all on either side?

A minimum of 2 are a requirement at each stage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do have friends but no one really close enough ild feel confortable asking, i will ask them if i need too and offer a beer as a thank you. Do they need to know me and my partner for a certain amount of time? My partners boss has known us for 6 months, could he sign one?

Thank you for your reply.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
We do have friends but no one really close enough ild feel confortable asking, i will ask them if i need too and offer a beer as a thank you. Do they need to know me and my partner for a certain amount of time? My partners boss has known us for 6 months, could he sign one?

Thank you for your reply.
Start by reading the instructions and explanations on the form 888. It answers most of your questions.

Contrary to what many people seem to believe, it is NOT a legal requirement to provide any forms 888 ( except when the applicant is subject to s.48).

You can provide simple letters of support, statements or standard statutory declarations or affidavits.

Notwithstanding all that, it is recommended to include at least 2 forms 888.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.