Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai everybody

I am a 30 year old Dutch guy who is living and working in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.

Till 1 month ago I did not had the intention to stay longer in Australia. However I changed my mind and want to become eligible for a 2nd WHV. Which means I need to do 3 months or 88 days regional specific work.

Here's the thing

I worked for 8 weeks as a landscaper/gardener at a big resort in Broome.
During these 8 weeks I worked 5 days in the housekeeping.

General garden maintenance is not eligible, but landscaping is eligible. I helped them with:
- fencing
- painting buildings and fences
- lawn construction
- streetscape planting
- scaffolding

The primary aspect of my job was landscaping.
Yesterday I emailed my former employer to ask if it was okey if they could sponser me for those 8 weeks. His respond was:

"Sorry, but the answer is no. Company policy".

Not nice to hear, but anyway I am confused. Officially I did specified regional work. Which makes me eligible. Do I need the sponser/approval of my former employer?

This is because of the immigration form 1263 where I prove that I performed regional work.

My payslip is not saying anything. Only that I worked there for 8 weeks.

Hope you can help me!

Gino

· Registered
176 Posts
Yesterday I emailed my former employer to ask if it was okey if they could sponser me for those 8 weeks. His respond was:

"Sorry, but the answer is no. Company policy".
Hi GinoT,

I'm by no means an expert on this, but perhaps it's the terminology you are using - are you asking them to provide you with a certified reference of employment to prove that you did the work required for the second WHV visa? Asking them for sponsorship is different.

You would of course need to do more qualifying regional work before applying for the second WHV.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called my former employer and explained it to him. There was no problem and he will sign the certified reference of employment. :)

I have 1 more question.

I worked for 8 weeks at that company. Which gives me 40 days. I still need 48 days.

If I work again for the same company for 5 weeks, does that count as 3 consecutive months (13 weeks) or as 65 days (40 + 25)?

Regards

· Registered
176 Posts
I called my former employer and explained it to him. There was no problem and he will sign the certified reference of employment. :)

I have 1 more question.

I worked for 8 weeks at that company. Which gives me 40 days. I still need 48 days.

If I work again for the same company for 5 weeks, does that count as 3 consecutive months (13 weeks) or as 65 days (40 + 25)?

Regards
Hi GinoT,

That's great news! :D

I can't find where is says you have to work for the company for 3 consecutive months though, do you have a link to this information? It says on the IMMI website "You can work for one or several employers to make up the three-month period of work. " and on the 1263 form "To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, the applicant must have undertaken work for a minimum of 3 months (88 days in total) in a specified field or industry* in a designated area of regional Australia**."

· Registered
205 Posts
Hi Gino

Because you worked 'full time', your weekends are included I believe, so you've actually done 56-odd days (minus the 5 days of housekeeping). I'm not sure that the three months need to be consecutive, my understanding of the requirement was that you just needed to be full time.

My partner had two weeks off in the middle of his farm work time, and that was fine, they still counted weekends towards his 88 days.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Another problem

Thank you all for your help and information! :). However there is a different problem.

I just created a new thread for this:

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...correct-payslip-2nd-working-holiday-visa.html

Here's the thing

I worked for 8 weeks as a landscaper/gardener at a big resort in Broome.
During these 8 weeks I worked 5 days in the housekeeping.

General garden maintenance is not eligible, but landscaping is eligible. I helped them with:
- fencing
- painting buildings and fences
- lawn construction
- streetscape planting
- scaffolding

The primary aspect of my job was landscaping.

My payslip is not saying anything. Only that I worked there for 8 weeks.
I just received an email from my former employer. According to him my payslip is saying:

''Your payslips & HR will confirm that your position was 'Yard'. It's an offence to lie on a Government Document.''

I can understand this, so that is not the problem. I don't want to commit any fraud or do anything wrong. However most of my time I was working in landscaping or construction. Before I respond to him, I am asking you and other for information.

I went to the ANZSIC Construction Division website to find information and there I found out what is eligible and what is not eligible. General garden maintenance is not eligible, but landscaping is. However there is not specifically clear what the difference is between landscaping and general garden maintenance. I understand that pruning trees and mowing the lawn is not eligible, but there is a (big) overlay with landscaping and general garden maintenance.

The thing is I only have 4 months left. Enough, but not much and 51 days are 51 days. So before I accept this and need to look for a job that is eligible, I want to know if there is anything possible.

Regards

Gino

Edit: I checked my payslip and it isn't saying anything. Only the total amount of hours that I worked per fortnight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.