Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I realized when I was completing my subclass 186 ENS Transition Stream visa application in May 2013, that my employer had nominated me in the position of Arts Administrator, when my original 457 visa was granted in the role of Project Administrator. My actual position has not changed and I am still in the same role that I have been in for 2.5 years. This concerned me as I am aware that it is a prerequisite when applying for the ENS Transition Stream Subclass 186 visa that an applicant is nominated in the same position that they held on their 457 visa.

I raised this issue with my employer before putting my own application in and they informed me that it wouldn't be an issue and that I should put my application in with Arts Administrator as the nominated position to match what my employers had on their application. My HR manager then sent an email to immigration notifying them that they had changed the ANZCO role because it better suited my position, but that I was still in the same job I had always been in. She didn't receive a response.

I have since read on this forum that other applicants have had their applications rejected for this very reason. Some of these individuals had already waited eight months before they were notified. I am somewhat worried that the same thing might happen to me and I wondered if there is anything that I should do to rectify the situation whilst my application is still in it's early stages?

Should I contact DIAC and notify them now whilst I have only been waiting two months to see if it's not too late to change? I received my visa application acknowledgement letter back on 14 May 2013, and my visa status is "in progress" when I check online. Does this mean that they may have already noticed this and that it's not an issue? I don't want to flag this as a problem if they might have already overlooked it, but at the same time I don't want to wait eight months and then have my visa denied on these grounds.

Can anybody advise?

Thanks so much!

Kevin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.