Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The company I work for is about to offer a job to someone who already has a 457 visa which was granted 2-3 months ago.

How do we nominate someone on a 457? Now that 457 has been replaced with 482, the online immi portal has only 482 nominations available.

Do we need to do the 482 nomination to employ a 457 visa holder ?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
The employer needs to be a SBS first of all (either through an existing 457 sponsorship that is still valid or through a new 482 sponsorship).

They must then lodge a new sc. 482 nomination to which the exisiting 457 visa could be linked, if the nomination is granted.

Form personal experience, most employers are fairly clueless when it comes to dealing with these things, so they may be well advised to seek some professional guidance.

The application requirements and sponsorship obligations can be fairly onerous.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The employer needs to be a SBS first of all (either through an existing 457 sponsorship that is still valid or through a new 482 sponsorship).

They must then lodge a new sc. 482 nomination to which the exisiting 457 visa could be linked, if the nomination is granted.

Form personal experience, most employers are fairly clueless when it comes to dealing with these things, so they may be well advised to seek some professional guidance.

The application requirements and sponsorship obligations can be fairly onerous.
Thanks for the info Nick.

We are an approved sponsor and I have successfully done approx. 30-40 457
applications in the last 3-4 years. It is just that this whole 457 to 482 transition is a bit confusing sometimes.

Since we now need to lodge a 482 nomination, I believe the compulsory LMT requirement also applies (which wasn't the case for 457 nominations for skill level 1 occupations)?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Thanks for the info Nick.

We are an approved sponsor and I have successfully done approx. 30-40 457
applications in the last 3-4 years. It is just that this whole 457 to 482 transition is a bit confusing sometimes.

Since we now need to lodge a 482 nomination, I believe the compulsory LMT requirement also applies (which wasn't the case for 457 nominations for skill level 1 occupations)?
Apologies. I didn't realise you were familiar with the overall process. Yes, the new nomination will have to meet current requirements. I haven't got it in front of me at the moment, but if you drop me a line I can dig up some relevant info for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.