Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please list the main reasons why a Partner visa application would be refused?

My partner and I haven't yet applied and already we are excited but nervous in case of rejection. We will definitely work with a registered agent, so hopefully we don't have too much to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Can anyone please list the main reasons why a Partner visa application would be refused?

My partner and I haven't yet applied and already we are excited but nervous in case of rejection. We will definitely work with a registered agent, so hopefully we don't have too much to worry about.

Thanks in advance.
Badly prepared applications, Non Genuine relationships.

Don't panic too much if you are using a registered agent, especially if it is one of the experienced ones such as those that answer posts on here on a regular basis.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Badly prepared applications, Non Genuine relationships.

Don't panic too much if you are using a registered agent, especially if it is one of the experienced ones such as those that answer posts on here on a regular basis.
Many thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be using one of the experienced agents. My main worry is that she won't get an initial tourist visa although she has left the Philippines to go to other countries a number of times and has always returned o.k.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Many thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be using one of the experienced agents. My main worry is that she won't get an initial tourist visa although she has left the Philippines to go to other countries a number of times and has always returned o.k.
I found visitor visas from the Philippines relatively easy, even with one who had never travelled outside before.

With previous travel it should be even easier, although no one can tell for certain.

I used a reason for the visa as; "wanting to see Australia before deciding if she liked the country, and before deciding to move or not". But then, I was living in the Philippines with her at the time.

One thing with these visas that is absolutely certain is that we will worry, and we do get stressed.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
One thing with these visas that is absolutely certain is that we will worry, and we do get stressed.
You said it. Even when your both in the same country, living together and know you meet the requirements, you can't help but feel nervous. I know we are. :/

Reactions: Ejona

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Why worry about rejection at this early stage? Most refusals are due to badly prepared applications and lack of good evidence.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
What does it mean by badly prepared? thanks xx.
Evidence put together in such a way that it doesn't clearly display what you want it to.

Evidence that may be positive to you're case as a whole but when viewed incorrectly or on its own or out of sequence that can be detrimental.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Evidence put together in such a way that it doesn't clearly display what you want it to.

Evidence that may be positive to you're case as a whole but when viewed incorrectly or on its own or out of sequence that can be detrimental.
Makes me worry about my application huhuhu. I attached my partner's work contract when he was in PHL to prove that he is really working their coz he is the one shouldering our financial. Maybe i did mine poorly.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
What does it mean by badly prepared? thanks xx.
Forms not completed correctly.
Incorrect or missing information.
Lack of well-presented and relevant relationship evidence.
Lack of convincing and correctly prepared statements of support.
Missing personal documentation.
No submission outlining legal basis for visa grant and addressing any potential issues.
Failure to meet all the time of application requirements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.