Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting for the day for last few months. Yes, 22nd October. My time zone is 5 hours ahead of AEDT. So I started checking with the NSW business and trade website from 4:00 am Local time ! Tried to open the Application form for 5 hours, but ALAS, i failed to see the Application form at least.....

Is there anybody lucky who could lodge the Application??

Hi Mr. Mark, Do you have any idea how to overcome this agonizing pain? !!! How many application may lodge? will they open again soon??

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Bosshakil -

Sorry to hear of your issues - there were massive IT problems, again, just like in July, with the NSW skilled application site. It is incredible that in the face of July's disaster, they figured they'd just do it again. At one point there were 3,500 people on the site trying to lodge applications today. That's exactly what happens when you force everyone to apply at the same time to have any chance of getting in.

I would hope they would change things going forward, but until then, we can only wait to see what they decide to do.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Mr. Mark,

Many thanks for your valued reply. Do you have any Idea, how many successful application already lodged?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same case here happened with me today. I was up in the morning at 4 am local time to apply for the NSW state nomination. I tried for good 3 hours to open the application form and luckily got a chance to have a look at the form only. There were so many issues in the application form. I was unable to upload the documents. Moreover, i was also unable to select my occupation in the drop down menu. The page seemed really unprofessional to me as there was something wrong with it. Finally i lost my hope and went to sleep with a new hope that they will probably change their application process soon.

Good luck to all!

Hasan

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had same proble

I tried to upload file sooo many times but i coulnd
Some applications could not select occupation. They just closed at 12.45pm
I was really upset!:( hopefully they open again! This is really unfair!!
Does anyone apply at this time??
Thank you
Regard
Jane

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes its incredibly frustrating that the same farce happened again. After 3 hours (and lots of swearing!) I got to the stage of uploading my documents but then it timed-out. I then tried again but the form would not allow me to select my occupation (a common problem from what I can gather from other posts).

You would have thought that they could have used some of the $300,000 generated in July to buy some bigger/faster servers. They would have had a VERY accurate estimation of how many people would hit the site based on July figures.

The frustrating thing for me is that, after working in NSW and paying taxes for 7 years on a 457, I am must fight my way through the same on-line nightmare as people who have never set foot in Oz. I mean no disrespect to those people, but there should be a separate pathway for long term residents to gain PR. I can't do it independently as my occupation (university lecturer) isn't on the SOL. Also my employer won't support me through the ENS as I am always on short contracts.

Its gut-wrenching to think that when my contract ends I will be ejected from a country that I have made my home and made so many contributions to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why I couldn't open the form for once?? My internet line speed was 1 Mbps. Do I need faster internet - to see the application at least?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Have you guys checked nsw business website? They updated second intake and they already got 1000application. How can they got 1000application??even that it system was not correct? I cannot understand...

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Although it appears the system was as poorly operating as the last intake, I presume enough people managed to get through it to complete their 1000 applications. Hopefully they'll improve things for the next time so people won't be left so frustrated again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,
I encountered all the above mentioned problems while applying for this intake. I was able to complete the application 10 times but couldnt complete the payment process.
To my surprise I got an email from NSW yesterday stating that my application has been received and will be processed and assessed.
Did anyone get a mail alike mine?
My biggest Botheration is whether they assess it for sure or the mail was just a formality.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If they've contacted you to say your application will be processed and assessed, I'd assume that will be the case. I expect there are a lot of people waiting and hoping for an email from DIBP who won't get one because they didn't get as far along through the process as you did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys,
I encountered all the above mentioned problems while applying for this intake. I was able to complete the application 10 times but couldnt complete the payment process.
To my surprise I got an email from NSW yesterday stating that my application has been received and will be processed and assessed.
Did anyone get a mail alike mine?
My biggest Botheration is whether they assess it for sure or the mail was just a formality.
Dear Srig,

Congrats, hopefully your application would be assessed and they will contact you for the payment. But will you please advise me what was your bandwidth speed? why I couldn't open the application link at all?

Regards
Shakil

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Shakil -

It wasn't as much about bandwidth, as the capacity of the servers - thousands of people were hammering on that site at one time trying to get in, and the servers were simply not up to the job. It's clear that NSW has, for a second time now, drastically under-estimated the number of people who would be applying, and since NSW only accepts the "first 1,000 applications", that made everybody jump on at the same time to lodge.

Best,

Mark Northam

Dear Srig,

Congrats, hopefully your application would be assessed and they will contact you for the payment. But will you please advise me what was your bandwidth speed? why I couldn't open the application link at all?

Regards
Shakil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dear Srig,

Regards
Shakil
Hi Shakil,

I accept with Mr. Northam's reply about the servers. NSW should install better servers to tackle the traffic.

Anyways here is what I used. I have a huawei data card that accepts any Sim card. The data card can support download speeds up to 21 mbps and 5 Mbps uploads.
I also bought SIM cards of different service providers and activated 3G internet on those. I tested them all and found out the best provider. With the best I was getting around 2 Mbps consistently and the peak was around 7 Mbps.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ Mark Northam
Please let me know your opinion on my case. As a migration agent have u come across this kind of situation in the past?

Once again my case is - I could not get through the payment process. The page went unavailable after clicking pay now.
On 27 Oct. I got a email from NSW stating that my application is received and will be assessed. I got a reference number too.
Will they really assess myapplication?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ Mark Northam
Please let me know your opinion on my case as well. As a migration agent have u come across this kind of situation in the past?

my case is - I could not get through the payment process. The page went unavailable after clicking pay now and i have also not selected the appropriate stream aswell.

On 27 Oct. I got an email from NSW stating that my application is received and will be assessed. I got a reference number too. I have asked in a mail that, i have tried multiple times and not sure which details have registered with you,- they have replied that selecting wrong stream will not be a problem and the CO will sort it out and will lead me to the payment gateway. please advise if this will be processed. They have asked for 12 weeks of time though I have time left I am very curious and desperate if they Will they really assess my application?

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Srindeep -

Thanks for the question. No good way to tell, as the entire process was chaotic. I can't predict what they will do, but if they fail to come through on what they promised (give them plenty of time to do so, however), I would insist on an opportunity to apply given the emails they have sent.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

@ Mark Northam
Please let me know your opinion on my case as well. As a migration agent have u come across this kind of situation in the past?

my case is - I could not get through the payment process. The page went unavailable after clicking pay now and i have also not selected the appropriate stream aswell. Further also i could not proceed to the payment gateway.
On 27 Oct. I got an email from NSW stating that my application is received and will be assessed. I got a reference number too. I have asked in a mail that, i have tried multiple times and not sure which details have registered with you,- they have replied that selecting wrong stream will not be a problem and the CO will sort it out and will lead me to the payment gateway. please advise if this will be processed.
Will they really assess my application?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot Mark Northam. my SRN is 16**. hope i hear soon, out of curiosity will there be reasons for rejections if all the points claimed are genuine- (after the payment also) as i am still afraid that stream selected which is not correct is ok.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.