Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would like my mum to write a Stat Dec (form 888) for my partner and I regarding our visa application, however she is a New Zealand citizen who has lived in Australia for 30 + years.
She has no legit proof of permanent residency in Australia. Is it worth her writing one and including her N.Z passport and a written caption explaining her situation?
She is a permanent resident as she has lived here for so long, working, paying taxes etc but she never did anything about it to gain actual proof of her permanent residency.

I want her to write one because she knows about the details of our relationship well, more than some of our friends, but I'm hesitant to go through the process if the department is going to disregard the Stat Dec because she cant show any proof of residency.

Is it worth it?

What do you think?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, did you ever get a reply on this or get clarification? I'm in the same position - my sponsor's mother is a NZ citizen with permanent residency in Australia but no proof as she moved her about 40 years ago!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Why not do that person plus 2 Aussies? A minimum of 2 form 888s are required but you can provide more. And if you're in a relationship with an Aussie it would be hard to believe you don't know 2 people who know of your relationship, especially if you're already in Australia.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It seems if there are doubts about using the form a Stat Dec can be used instead.

"The department's policy is that these statements be provided
in the form of statutory declarations. You may use this form,
or alternatively, you may use the statutory declaration
template, which is available on the Attorney-General's
Department website at www.ag.gov.au"

·
Registered
972 Posts
It seems if there are doubts about using the form a Stat Dec can be used instead.

"The department's policy is that these statements be provided
in the form of statutory declarations. You may use this form,
or alternatively, you may use the statutory declaration
template, which is available on the Attorney-General's
Department website at www.ag.gov.au"
That's what we did. After the formatting issues on the actual form 888 itself, our friends and family in Australia said screw it and just did stat decs from the AG website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.