Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am married to a NZ citizen currently living and working in Australia with my son (also a NZ citizen by birth). I have a NZ residence visa and an Australian tourist visa that allows me to visit them in Australia often as i continue to work overseas. I am planning to apply for the 461 sub-category visa at the beginning of the year to be able to work in Australia and live with my family. I am however not sure if i should apply from the country when i visit Australia on my tourist visa or outside the country? I am not sure about the pros and cons of applying within or outside. For instance, i am assuming that if i apply from Australia, i will be able to stay with my family until my application is processed. However will i be able to travel in and out of the country. Given that the application process takes 9 - 10 months for 75% of the applicants i would like to know my flexibility to travel during the application phase.

Please note that my visit visa has only two conditions - no work and max 3 months study and so i do not have the condition that restricts extension of the visa. I read this in a post here as a pre-condition for applying from within Australia.

Can you please help me with this based on the experience of other users in the forum.

Thanks!

Santosh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.