Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Eight months ago I applied for an offshore spousal visa (309/100) for my spouse that lives in India. I was born and bred in Australia for reference, so obviously have citizenship.

My spouse and I have decided for her to apply for a tourist visa for six months and while she's in Australia for six months, we expect her spousal visa to go through (and of course she will leave for a week while a decision is being made), but having her here on a tourist visa means we can be together sooner.

Anyway for a tourist visa, we have chosen to go the non sponsored route (I run a business and can't show reliable income and savings, also processing time is much shorter) and I thought I would say in the application that my father will cover all my wife's costs for her stay here for six months.

Upon reading further it seems the key things that need to be shown from the person bearing the costs is a regular income and savings. While my father has a regular income (average $1.5k/wk after tax), he has almost no savings, typically in the $3k - $5k savings range.

So what I'm thinking is since we have bank statements from my spouse showing she has $11k AUD in her account going back over 3 months, would it be smarter to leave out my father covering her costs and maybe just saying my father will just cover accommodation since she will live with us (I live with my father)?

My fear is that by saying my father will cover costs and showing his little savings that it will weaken my spouse's case for a tourist visa from a financial feasibility perspective.

If we just show her personal savings of $11k AUD in her bank statement for 3 months and say my father will only cover accommodation, will that be the strongest case? Or should I put my father as covering all costs for my wife?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I would just say accommodation and full board will be supplied (at your house) in addition my spouse has sufficient fund in her own right for the requested duration of the visit ($11,000 AUD) in her personal account.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.