Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As we pass the time and wait for a decision or to hear from the department, I was thinking of and was wondering if anyone had answers to these few questions.

Does the department process applications on the weekends? Do they send correspondence on the weekend as well?

We live close to the u.s and are planning a quick day trip state side. Is that something we have to tell the department? It's a quick drive, but it's technically still leaving the country.

To those who did front load their applications with both medical and police checks, did you receive any correspondence at all from the department prior to a grant? If not for a grant, then what was the correspondence in relation too? I realize each case is different and correspondence is based upon the individual case. So just a broad question, I suppose.

Thanks everyone. Doing my best to never check my immi and just be patiently impatient :D

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I don't believe they do.

I only gave them my movement records when I was going to be onshore in Australia while awaiting the offshore visa. If you applied offshore, you can be anywhere but in Australia foe the grant so that shouldn't be relevant. You can update them if your contact info won't be reachable while you're gone but you likely only get emails from them anyway.

If they don't need anything from you, they won't communicate with you... the grant will just show up one day. They will only be contacting you if they need something prior to the grant.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey everyone,

As we pass the time and wait for a decision or to hear from the department, I was thinking of and was wondering if anweyone had answers to these few questions.

Does the department process applications on the weekends? Do they send correspondence on the weekend as well?

We live close to the u.s and are planning a quick day trip state side. Is that something we have to tell the department? It's a quick drive, but it's technically still leaving the country.

To those who did front load their applications with both medical and police checks, did you receive any correspondence at all from the department prior to a grant? If not for a grant, then what was the
correspondence in relation too? I realize each case is different and correspondence is based upon the individual case. So just a broad question, I suppose.

Thanks everyone. Doing my best to never check my immi and just be patiently impatient
We notify of movement. In the application if we provided an answer and it changes we update them. And we are the same - I had mentioned in my application that we are close to the border and can flip over and back on a moments notice. Did you get a Canada border document with all your travel history or were you tight about dates?
Also figured updating was a good way to send in a few pics about what we have been up to. Not sure if this is right or wrong - just what we've done.
(Funny you should ask the one Q about weekends... thought crossed my mind today lol)

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
We have never received any correspondence other than Monday to Friday from Immigration.

We did one thing on a Friday, and got a reply on the Monday, the visa grant.

Others who did the same, but on a Monday to Thursday, got theirs the next day. I guess from that, that they do Monday to Friday only, and we had to wait the weekend..

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
For what it's worth, I got my permanent residency grant on a Saturday in Aus. But I don't think it's super common. :)

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
For what it's worth, I got my permanent residency grant on a Saturday in Aus. But I don't think it's super common. :)
I had a feeling I had seen one done on a weekend somewhere.

Maybe someone need the overtime ;)

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't believe they do.

I only gave them my movement records when I was going to be onshore in Australia while awaiting the offshore visa. If you applied offshore, you can be anywhere but in Australia foe the grant so that shouldn't be relevant. You can update them if your contact info won't be reachable while you're gone but you likely only get emails from them anyway.

If they don't need anything from you, they won't communicate with you... the grant will just show up one day. They will only be contacting you if they need something prior to the grant.
I figured as much. Just wasn't sure if we needed to send them any info letting them know we'd be out of the country for 12 hours or so.

Did you get a Canada border document with all your travel history or were you tight about dates?
I did request it, it took ages and it was only my movement for 2017, which is fine because that's when we went over the border.

I think that's why I asked the question, haha, I was sure I read it somewhere!

Thanks for the answers everyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
in another forum the same question was raised....we are assuming it will be Ottawa processing our visa as that is indeed where we filed.....but I have seen as of late they are farming out to other areas in order to clear the backlog they have.....

I read a person talking about Australia day and being granted their visa that day....and they wondered if it was a hoax being that January 26 is a holiday in Australia (Australians please correct me if I'm wrong)....others have had their interview calls on the weekends (being that in other parts of the world their weekend is Friday-Saturday and back to a work weekday on a Sunday)....

so to answer your question....you can come and go as you please but the entrance to Australia is what they care about....that's what Ottawa told hubby when we were looking at booking our flight to Australia next month...

I have no idea who will process our file....what country it will be farmed out....as I mentioned in another post a guy from the UK was assigned a CO from Iran....so just don't sweat it :)

I check my immi account even on a weekend just in case....but at this stage I won't hold my breath they will process it any time soon....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.