Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I would like to live and work in Australia and don't know which visa to apply for.
I am a Head of Music in a school and a music examiner. I'm 29.

I have been offered a part time position at the AICM (Australian International Conservatorium of Music), Sydney. Starting this August if I want to.
Which visa could I apply for?

My de facto partner is currently living there under a 457. We have been together for over 16 months and lived together for 10.
Maybe an option?

I also have my mum's auntie who lives in Melbourne.
Is that an option?

Finally, could I apply for a working holiday visa (I'm 29 today) and while out there try to get sponsored and apply for a 457?

Thank you for your patience and much needed help!!

Marco

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello,
I would like to live and work in Australia and don't know which visa to apply for.
I am a Head of Music in a school and a music examiner. I'm 29.

I have been offered a part time position at the AICM (Australian International Conservatorium of Music), Sydney. Starting this August if I want to.
Which visa could I apply for?

My de facto partner is currently living there under a 457. We have been together for over 16 months and lived together for 10.
Maybe an option?

I also have my mum's auntie who lives in Melbourne.
Is that an option?

Finally, could I apply for a working holiday visa (I'm 29 today) and while out there try to get sponsored and apply for a 457?

Thank you for your patience and much needed help!!

Marco
Seeing as your partner is here Marco, a 457 partner visa ought to be relatively easy for it's a simple online application, the 457 being a temporary visa and not as stringent proof required as with a partner being sponsored for eventual PR.
There's a link on Employer Sponsored Workers (e457) - Online Applications

Your Mums Auntie doesn't really come into it other than being nice to have some other family connection here.

And yes, if you're from a country to be eligible for a WHV, that's another way you could do it, though the WHV has a limit of 6 months with an employer though as you say, you could look at sponsorship when out here.
I think any employment offer will need to be fulltime for that to occur.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.