Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently just got my Visa 309 Grant after a 2months wait time (which is by all considerations a miracle).

Visa 309 lodge date: 21st March 2017
Visa 309 Grant date: 17th May 2017

I researched quite a bit for the 309 visa but i'm quite new to the procedures for the Visa 100 subclass.

If you lovely experts can shine some light for me pls :)

1) Where and how can i find my visa 100 eligbility date?
(is this a estimate or a 100% date that is together with my 309 grant)

2) Where will the Visa 100 be processed?
-My visa 309 was processed and granted in Singapore

3) What are the documents required for Visa 100?
-All i know is that we need to once again prove that the relationship is on-going and genuine since the 309 grant.
-What documents exactly does that refer to?

4) When the time comes and i am eligible for stage 2 Visa 100, do i just submit my documents online or someone will email me stating what to do or where to go?

) 5) I have activated my Visa 309 early this month (2weeks after getting my grant). Me and the husband are planning to stay in Singapore for at least another year (he will be on a singapore LTVP). Will that affect the documents needed for Visa 100?

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
1/ Your eligibility date is 2 years after you applied for your 309, therefore it is 21 March 2019

2/ Brisbane (unless things change in the next 2 years)

3/ The same documents as the 309 but since the grant of the 309 ie. all 4 categories. You will also need an AFP, stat dec from the sponsor (applicant too if not applying online), 2 x 888's.

4/ They usually email you about 4 to 8 weeks prior to eligibility but if they don't you can just submit the items no more than 2 months before your eligibility date. DIBP says the onus is on you to submit the documents not on them to remind you.

5/ No - you still need to show that you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/ Your eligibility date is 2 years after you applied for your 309, therefore it is 21 March 2019

2/ Brisbane (unless things change in the next 2 years)

3/ The same documents as the 309 but since the grant of the 309 ie. all 4 categories. You will also need an AFP, stat dec from the sponsor (applicant too if not applying online), 2 x 888's.

4/ They usually email you about 4 to 8 weeks prior to eligibility but if they don't you can just submit the items no more than 2 months before your eligibility date. DIBP says the onus is on you to submit the documents not on them to remind you.

5/ No - you still need to show that you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship.
Thanks Mish! Can always count on you for answers!
its strange that my agent told me that it will be processed in Singapore and not Brisbane.

" If you lodge subclass 100 then it will be processed in Singapore and if you lodge subclass 801 then it will be processed in Australia."

I didnt expect the 100 to need the same amount of documents as the 309. i hear some folks get the 100 without needing to submit more documents. Guess i need to make sure the next 2years is well documented.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Maybe your agent is just confused.

They are asking for more and more documents now because of fraudulent claims. At the moment we are seeing grants anywhere between 9 months and up to about 23 months.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe your agent is just confused.

They are asking for more and more documents now because of fraudulent claims. At the moment we are seeing grants anywhere between 9 months and up to about 23 months.
Maybe your agent is just confused = hence why i'm confused.

Gosh that is so depressing hearing that timeline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.