Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We’ve just recently applied for the 309 visa (13th March) from Tokyo. I’m the Australian sponsor, and my husband is a US citizen. We met here in Tokyo, and have lived together here for the past two years, so all of our relationship evidence (including the marriage certificate) is from Japan and had to be translated. I was just wondering if anyone knows where the visa is likely to get processed? I think our closest visa processing centre is in South Korea, though I wonder if it will get processed in the US because of his citizenship.

Just curious to try and find timelines for wherever it ends up! Though there don’t seem to be many Japanese/Korean applicants around these parts...

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

We've just recently applied for the 309 visa (13th March) from Tokyo. I'm the Australian sponsor, and my husband is a US citizen. We met here in Tokyo, and have lived together here for the past two years, so all of our relationship evidence (including the marriage certificate) is from Japan and had to be translated. I was just wondering if anyone knows where the visa is likely to get processed? I think our closest visa processing centre is in South Korea, though I wonder if it will get processed in the US because of his citizenship.

Just curious to try and find timelines for wherever it ends up! Though there don't seem to be many Japanese/Korean applicants around these parts...
The application is normally processed by the processing centre allocated to the country where you are a resident. However with the current "global" approach, it could be anywhere. You'll find out soon enough when you receive a Request for Further Information.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! We received first contact on April 27th (lodged March 13th). They’ve requested applicant police check / health check. It’s definitely being processed in Seoul. Hoping once we get those two documents in it’ll be all good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.