Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I applied from China on 31st Jan 2018 . In March we were asked for her passport.... Why wasn't this in the original checklist?

Anyway we were also asked in March for medical. Submitted all that in March. Now it's October 2018 and still waiting.

Been watching this waiting room and thought to share. I will post when it comes through.

Emailing them didn't help. I just got a reply referring me to their service levels.

If anyone here is part of a wechat waiting room please add me.

My wife and I have 2 years solid evidence of living together. Mid Sept she came over on a tourist visa.

Worst part of this is not being able to work here or set up a business on a tourist visa. Life is on hold for career and family planning.
Hope you will receive a big surprise before Xmas.I think you haven been contacted by the CO very quickly. My husband and I have lodged our application back in June 2018 and have got nothing from them so far:(

· Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone from China applied in 2018 got their visa? I applied around March, they got in touch with me around April for medical check, and around September they asked for AFP check. Upload both of the documents on time, but haven't heard from them since then. My case is in Guangzhou office I believe. Is there anyone who has the similar timeline?
Your case sounds a bit straightforward because you have been contacted by the CO just a month later after your lodgement. Most people including myself are still waiting for the first contact for such a long time:(

Are you from those low risk countries who is currently working in China?

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi there
No I am Chinese as well. My case has its own complication, both time when they ask for info, it is just either Health check or AFP. People around me are getting phone interview, but apart from uploading my extra info, I haven't heard anything from the CO at all. So I guess everyone is just hanging here. Need to have a positive mind while we are waiting.
Exactly, nothing we can do but stay positive and be patient.Good luck:)

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi there
No I am Chinese as well. My case has its own complication, both time when they ask for info, it is just either Health check or AFP. People around me are getting phone interview, but apart from uploading my extra info, I haven't heard anything from the CO at all. So I guess everyone is just hanging here. Need to have a positive mind while we are waiting.
Have you submitted Form 80?

· Registered
28 Posts
We have been waiting for 8 months now without any request from CO. We haven't submitted the applicant's police and medical checks yet? Should we do it now or just wait until CO request later?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.