Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread to see the timeline of others who have applied from China for a 309 visa. I've seen a thread for Korea and Japan but nothing from China. I submitted my application April 22nd and did medical on May 9th. Already submitted China police check and waiting on FBI since I lived in the US for 4 years, and Mexico, since I'm a Mexican citizen. I haven't been assigned a CO so I'm not sure if my visa will be processed in China as i'm a resident there or in Canada because they deal with Mexican visa applications. I'm about 3 months in. Anyone else applied from China that can share their timeline? :)

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Shenzhen so most likely will be sent to Guangzhou thats where my last tourist 600 visa was processed and that was done in less than a week so I was kinda hopeful my 309 wouldn't take too long

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I guess it would have made more sense to apply for a partner visa on shore if she was already there on a WHV. Hope you hear something soon! let us know how it goes applying for a visitor after a PMV 300. I applied for a 309 in April but my visitor visa is expiring soon so I'll have to get a new one to go visit my partner.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
What about just proof of employment? I've applied for 2 tourist visas and I didn't submit a letter from my employer saying I was going back to my job after my trip. In my case I just submitted a copy of my work visa and contract with the school I'm in. My contract was until "so and so date" so I guess that showed I had something to go back to. Does she have something that shows she has a job even if theres no mention that its a job she will go back to?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My wife and I applied from China on 31st Jan 2018 . In March we were asked for her passport.... Why wasn't this in the original checklist?

Anyway we were also asked in March for medical. Submitted all that in March. Now it's October 2018 and still waiting.

Been watching this waiting room and thought to share. I will post when it comes through.

Emailing them didn't help. I just got a reply referring me to their service levels.

If anyone here is part of a wechat waiting room please add me.

My wife and I have 2 years solid evidence of living together. Mid Sept she came over on a tourist visa.

Worst part of this is not being able to work here or set up a business on a tourist visa. Life is on hold for career and family planning.
Hello! keep us posted on any updates. I am on the wechat group for people waiting but its all in Chinese. Send me a pm and i can try to add you :)

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My husband lodged his 309/100 application online 27 December 2017, and Guangzhou office requested his health assessment and further documents in early March 2018.

We have not heard anything since, and the application status still says "Received" even thought we were contacted by the department through their generic email address.

It is so disappointing to see the processing time went from 13 -19 months (which is bad enough already) to 21- 26 months. Hopefully this will change with the new financial year kicking in.
Is there any updates to your application? curious as to how your progress is going since we are both being processed in Guangzhou

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I just checked my IMMI account and discovered the department contacted us on the 30th October!! They wrote to my wife

"There is a criteria that the applicant has to be outside of Australia at the time of decision for the completion of the assessment. You are currently onshore and will be required to depart from Australia when the case is ready for grant.

Please provide your itinerary within 14 days of the date of this email."

So we have replied. We already have a trip planned to Bali on 7th December returning on 12th December which we have told them. Also planning a trip to China in late December. We asked if she had to be in China for a minimum period.

So we must be getting quite close! It's been a 9 month wait. Could have had a baby in that time!

p.s. They should have written "there is a criterion". Criteria is the plural form of criterion. tsk tsk.
Yay I believe your grant should be coming soon!

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Applied PMV300 offshore March 2018.
Mid September, applicant asked to go for medical and sponsor for AFP check.
Early November, applicant had 40 min phone interview in China.
Mid November, applicant asked for AFP check, single certificate and notary birth certificate.

Problem is, she's never had a Chinese birth certificate - only family book, ID card and passport, and given the Byzantine Chinese bureaucracy, she thinks that she will be refused one as she has no other documents.
Where is your visa being processed? Guangzhou?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, it was submitted on-line in the IMMI process, so I imagine that it's processed in Canberra and China, but no idea where the call to her originated. She's in Wuhan, so Shanghai?
I believe it should mention where the visa is being processed on the request email you got for further documentation, somewhere in the bottom along with a name of a CO maybe?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Has anyone from China applied in 2018 got their visa? I applied around March, they got in touch with me around April for medical check, and around September they asked for AFP check. Upload both of the documents on time, but haven't heard from them since then. My case is in Guangzhou office I believe. Is there anyone who has the similar timeline?
I applied April and submitted medical within 2 weeks but i didn't do my police checks until June/july, without being asked, just wanted the application to be complete.

Still nothing, thinking mine will be processed in Guangzhou too as I'm living in Shenzhen currently.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice to see there has been contact from Guangzhou for 2018 applicants. I hope the fact that they haven't contacted me for anything since I applied 7 months ago means that my application is complete? keep us posted! :) I haven't seen any 2018 applicants grants from China so far this year

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
well, the processing office is not limited in China no matter which nationality you are, I submitted my 309 application on 30 march and paid the application fee only, I did nothing until May when I had my medical check done (got little sick so i had to delay my medical), police clearance, and subumitted all documents around 30 May.
I then applied another 600 visitor visa on family category on the same day in May, then I was granted my 600 abt 2 weeks with no expiry date (this is amazing! but I guess it is automatically expired after my 309 granted).
during the whole process, I got no news from anyone until beginning of Oct, an email from CO asked me to upload my chinese police certificate (I go my previous one issued on April which was expired just one day before.....), so again applied and notaried a new chinese police clearance and uploaded.
no news again until got my 309 granted 3 weeks later in Nov.
You applied March of this year? how come your police check had expired by October?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I just checked my police check notary certificate I submitted and it has no 6 month date. Is this the same for every province or its valid for 6 months if it states 6 months otherwise valid for 12?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
yup, applied this march.
the police check has only 6 months validity. I applied in april, so when it came to october, the police check is not valid for aus immi under their regulation as it's exact 6 months then.
it took me abt 5.5 months to get my 309 granted after I submitted all documents.
Quenna I got an email request today asking for a notarized police certificate. the request said the police certificate from China I provided is not an acceptable document so I need to provide a certificate issued by a local public notary office.

Thing is I did provide a notarized police certificate from Shenzhen with English translation. I am wondering if they are requesting a new one cause the other one expired as you said after 6 months, or because I didn't get the right one before but I'm not sure which other one to get as I went to the local police office to get the certificate and then took the certificate to the government notary office and got that certified.

when you got your request did it say something similar? or did it actually mention your police check had expired?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
You took the right steps. You can always write back to them and ask.

In our case we had both of our China police checks certified and then translated into English (incl translation of the notarisation). We were processed through the Guangzhou consulate and they allow 1 year validity on police checks.

My wife's chinese police check expires tomorrow which is why she had to enter the country today.
Thanks I did contact them saying I had already submitted a police check in June and to clarify whether they needed a new one cause it was expired, or because the one I submitted was the wrong type of police check. I got a response today from my CO saying they had doubled check the one I sent before and they can still use it. So no need to get a new one at this point.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hi I am new here. How did you contact them ? I missed their calls twice and want to return their calls to clarify. But I cannot find their phone number. Thank you!
If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and when did you get the calls? I haven't received any phone calls and I was wondering if they do call interviews for China applicants

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.