Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I applied from China on 31st Jan 2018 . In March we were asked for her passport.... Why wasn't this in the original checklist?

Anyway we were also asked in March for medical. Submitted all that in March. Now it's October 2018 and still waiting.

Been watching this waiting room and thought to share. I will post when it comes through.

Emailing them didn't help. I just got a reply referring me to their service levels.

If anyone here is part of a wechat waiting room please add me.

My wife and I have 2 years solid evidence of living together. Mid Sept she came over on a tourist visa.

Worst part of this is not being able to work here or set up a business on a tourist visa. Life is on hold for career and family planning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just checked my IMMI account and discovered the department contacted us on the 30th October!! They wrote to my wife

"There is a criteria that the applicant has to be outside of Australia at the time of decision for the completion of the assessment. You are currently onshore and will be required to depart from Australia when the case is ready for grant.

Please provide your itinerary within 14 days of the date of this email."

So we have replied. We already have a trip planned to Bali on 7th December returning on 12th December which we have told them. Also planning a trip to China in late December. We asked if she had to be in China for a minimum period.

So we must be getting quite close! It's been a 9 month wait. Could have had a baby in that time!

p.s. They should have written "there is a criterion". Criteria is the plural form of criterion. tsk tsk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I 've been waiting since January 2018 its been 10 months now, My agent hasn't heard nothing from my case officer , Seems china takes longer takes more than 10 months, any update from anyone ?

frustrating

good day
Jay:)
Yes, I also applied in January. The case officer sent us a letter asking us when my wife will leave. We replied.

They then said they unsuccessfully tried to call her. We updated to her Australian number.

They finally called her 2 days ago and said that 4 days in Bali next week was too short and they require 2 weeks offshore to ensure she is "processed".

We told them of our upcoming, but not yet booked, trip to China on Boxing day. Her challenge is that her tourist visa expires 15th Jan and we're having a wedding ceremony in Feb. So they agreed to ensure she gets processed after Boxing day.

So the upshot is despite them not admitting it, she's been accepted and just needs to be assigned the visa in the system.

Maybe the issue is that our Bali trip next week (for resetting her tourist visa) is over a weekend, and they do not process over a weekend.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Success! My wife was granted her temporary residency on 31st Dec. So they do work on new years Eve!

Since we have been travelling a bit in China I only saw the email on the 2nd Jan. She must enter BY 15th Jan as that is when her police check expires, despite our application date being 31st Jan 2018.

So at least my experience gives a guide on the timeline. We didn't use an agent and just applied ourselves.

We noticed that when friends applied for tourist visa from China to Australia directly on the website vs friends using an agent, the direct application was a lot faster.

I'm not deriding agents or their value, but if your English level is very good there is no reason you cannot apply yourself. An agent is not necessary.

Good luck to everyone and happy new year! Xin nian kuai Le!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yup, applied this march.
the police check has only 6 months validity. I applied in april, so when it came to october, the police check is not valid for aus immi under their regulation as it's exact 6 months then.
it took me abt 5.5 months to get my 309 granted after I submitted all documents.
Quenna I got an email request today asking for a notarized police certificate. the request said the police certificate from China I provided is not an acceptable document so I need to provide a certificate issued by a local public notary office.

Thing is I did provide a notarized police certificate from Shenzhen with English translation. I am wondering if they are requesting a new one cause the other one expired as you said after 6 months, or because I didn't get the right one before but I'm not sure which other one to get as I went to the local police office to get the certificate and then took the certificate to the government notary office and got that certified.

when you got your request did it say something similar? or did it actually mention your police check had expired?
You took the right steps. You can always write back to them and ask.

In our case we had both of our China police checks certified and then translated into English (incl translation of the notarisation). We were processed through the Guangzhou consulate and they allow 1 year validity on police checks.

My wife's chinese police check expires tomorrow which is why she had to enter the country today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.