Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm an Australian engaged to a Chinese girl whom I met on fb in late 2013.

We have had 2 holidays together in Thailand and Vietnam, then she came to live with me for a year on a WHV. We applied for an offshore PMV (300) at the beginning of March and since then, I've been to China to stay with her for a fortnight.

We are finding this delay so cruel and I wish I had ignored the advice of the migration lawyer to apply offshore.
If we had applied onshore, at least we would have been able to be together while waiting.

We're planning to apply for a visitor visa so that she can come to stay for as long as possible and hope we get a long one granted to make it worthwhile to give up her job in China.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, for sure. I'll keep you posted, but not looking forward to going through another visa application, even though it's only for a visitor visa.

One problem we're having is the reluctance of many Chinese companies to provide a letter saying that the applicant will still have their job when they return.

My fiancee was not able to get this from her previous job and is certain that her current employer won't do it either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The first time she applied for a tourist visa was in 2015. She was refused because she was paid cash by her employer, so there was no record of her employment. Her employer refused to give her a letter confirming her job was there when she returned.

Now, with a different employer, she has regular salary deposits to her bank account, which Immigration asked for the first time she applied, plus she says she can now get a letter saying she is employed by them, but not saying that her job is available on her return.

The PAM 3 guidelines seem to require strong proof of a reason to return to China, which many people would find it hard to demonstrate.

Quote:
"evidence that officers may wish to consider in deciding whether an applicant is a genuine visitor include:
• evidence that the applicant has been employed for at least the previous 12 months, has approved leave for the period of stay sought and will continue to be employed on their return home "

·
Registered
21 Posts
Applied PMV300 offshore March 2018.
Mid September, applicant asked to go for medical and sponsor for AFP check.
Early November, applicant had 40 min phone interview in China.
Mid November, applicant asked for AFP check, single certificate and notary birth certificate.

Problem is, she's never had a Chinese birth certificate - only family book, ID card and passport, and given the Byzantine Chinese bureaucracy, she thinks that she will be refused one as she has no other documents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.