Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My husband lodged his 309/100 application online 27 December 2017, and Guangzhou office requested his health assessment and further documents in early March 2018.

We have not heard anything since, and the application status still says "Received" even thought we were contacted by the department through their generic email address.

It is so disappointing to see the processing time went from 13 -19 months (which is bad enough already) to 21- 26 months. Hopefully this will change with the new financial year kicking in.
Is there any updates to your application? curious as to how your progress is going since we are both being processed in Guangzhou

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just checked my IMMI account and discovered the department contacted us on the 30th October!! They wrote to my wife

"There is a criteria that the applicant has to be outside of Australia at the time of decision for the completion of the assessment. You are currently onshore and will be required to depart from Australia when the case is ready for grant.

Please provide your itinerary within 14 days of the date of this email."

So we have replied. We already have a trip planned to Bali on 7th December returning on 12th December which we have told them. Also planning a trip to China in late December. We asked if she had to be in China for a minimum period.

So we must be getting quite close! It's been a 9 month wait. Could have had a baby in that time!

p.s. They should have written "there is a criterion". Criteria is the plural form of criterion. tsk tsk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I just checked my IMMI account and discovered the department contacted us on the 30th October!! They wrote to my wife

"There is a criteria that the applicant has to be outside of Australia at the time of decision for the completion of the assessment. You are currently onshore and will be required to depart from Australia when the case is ready for grant.

Please provide your itinerary within 14 days of the date of this email."

So we have replied. We already have a trip planned to Bali on 7th December returning on 12th December which we have told them. Also planning a trip to China in late December. We asked if she had to be in China for a minimum period.

So we must be getting quite close! It's been a 9 month wait. Could have had a baby in that time!

p.s. They should have written "there is a criterion". Criteria is the plural form of criterion. tsk tsk.
Yay I believe your grant should be coming soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I applied from China on 31st Jan 2018 . In March we were asked for her passport.... Why wasn't this in the original checklist?

Anyway we were also asked in March for medical. Submitted all that in March. Now it's October 2018 and still waiting.

Been watching this waiting room and thought to share. I will post when it comes through.

Emailing them didn't help. I just got a reply referring me to their service levels.

If anyone here is part of a wechat waiting room please add me.

My wife and I have 2 years solid evidence of living together. Mid Sept she came over on a tourist visa.

Worst part of this is not being able to work here or set up a business on a tourist visa. Life is on hold for career and family planning.
Hope you will receive a big surprise before Xmas.I think you haven been contacted by the CO very quickly. My husband and I have lodged our application back in June 2018 and have got nothing from them so far:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Applied PMV300 offshore March 2018.
Mid September, applicant asked to go for medical and sponsor for AFP check.
Early November, applicant had 40 min phone interview in China.
Mid November, applicant asked for AFP check, single certificate and notary birth certificate.

Problem is, she's never had a Chinese birth certificate - only family book, ID card and passport, and given the Byzantine Chinese bureaucracy, she thinks that she will be refused one as she has no other documents.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Applied PMV300 offshore March 2018.
Mid September, applicant asked to go for medical and sponsor for AFP check.
Early November, applicant had 40 min phone interview in China.
Mid November, applicant asked for AFP check, single certificate and notary birth certificate.

Problem is, she's never had a Chinese birth certificate - only family book, ID card and passport, and given the Byzantine Chinese bureaucracy, she thinks that she will be refused one as she has no other documents.
Where is your visa being processed? Guangzhou?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, it was submitted on-line in the IMMI process, so I imagine that it's processed in Canberra and China, but no idea where the call to her originated. She's in Wuhan, so Shanghai?
I believe it should mention where the visa is being processed on the request email you got for further documentation, somewhere in the bottom along with a name of a CO maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone from China applied in 2018 got their visa? I applied around March, they got in touch with me around April for medical check, and around September they asked for AFP check. Upload both of the documents on time, but haven't heard from them since then. My case is in Guangzhou office I believe. Is there anyone who has the similar timeline?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Has anyone from China applied in 2018 got their visa? I applied around March, they got in touch with me around April for medical check, and around September they asked for AFP check. Upload both of the documents on time, but haven't heard from them since then. My case is in Guangzhou office I believe. Is there anyone who has the similar timeline?
I applied April and submitted medical within 2 weeks but i didn't do my police checks until June/july, without being asked, just wanted the application to be complete.

Still nothing, thinking mine will be processed in Guangzhou too as I'm living in Shenzhen currently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your case sounds a bit straightforward because you have been contacted by the CO just a month later after your lodgement. Most people including myself are still waiting for the first contact for such a long time:(

Are you from those low risk countries who is currently working in China?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice to see there has been contact from Guangzhou for 2018 applicants. I hope the fact that they haven't contacted me for anything since I applied 7 months ago means that my application is complete? keep us posted! :) I haven't seen any 2018 applicants grants from China so far this year

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your case sounds a bit straightforward because you have been contacted by the CO just a month later after your lodgement. Most people including myself are still waiting for the first contact for such a long time:(

Are you from those low risk countries who is currently working in China?
Hi there
No I am Chinese as well. My case has its own complication, both time when they ask for info, it is just either Health check or AFP. People around me are getting phone interview, but apart from uploading my extra info, I haven't heard anything from the CO at all. So I guess everyone is just hanging here. Need to have a positive mind while we are waiting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there
No I am Chinese as well. My case has its own complication, both time when they ask for info, it is just either Health check or AFP. People around me are getting phone interview, but apart from uploading my extra info, I haven't heard anything from the CO at all. So I guess everyone is just hanging here. Need to have a positive mind while we are waiting.
Exactly, nothing we can do but stay positive and be patient.Good luck:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there
Have you submitted Form 80?

21 - 40 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.