Australia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
So there is nothing for the first 10 months after submitting? My agent told us we do not have to get police clearance or medical check done until they request for it.
I didn't wait for a request for medicals or police checks. I uploaded them about 3 months after I lodged the application.

The request 10 months after the application from a CO, was for the China police check but when I emailed them and said I had already uploaded it, the CO double checked and said the one I had uploaded was still within the 12 months validity period so I didn't have to upload another. A month later my visa was granted.

I had 3 police checks to do so I didn't want to wait until they were requested cause I felt that would make my application take longer but it was a risk I was willing to assume, if my application had taken longer than 12 months to grant I would have had to get all 3 police checks redone again as they would no longer be valid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't wait for a request for medicals or police checks. I uploaded them about 3 months after I lodged the application.

The request 10 months after the application from a CO, was for the China police check but when I emailed them and said I had already uploaded it, the CO double checked and said the one I had uploaded was still within the 12 months validity period so I didn't have to upload another. A month later my visa was granted.

I had 3 police checks to do so I didn't want to wait until they were requested cause I felt that would make my application take longer but it was a risk I was willing to assume, if my application had taken longer than 12 months to grant I would have had to get all 3 police checks redone again as they would no longer be valid.
Yeah we have 3 police checks too. It will take approximately 1 month to get them all done.

How did you get the medical check done? Did you request for the location and things to be done?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yeah we have 3 police checks too. It will take approximately 1 month to get them all done.

How did you get the medical check done? Did you request for the location and things to be done?
You mean the China one? I looked up on the immi website the closest test center to me and I called and made an appointment for an Australian visa medical check. I showed up with the paperwork (if I remember correctly you fill out a form online and print it out and take it with you to the medical check) and they knew what things I needed to get done. They sent the results directly to the visa offices, I never received any results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You mean the China one? I looked up on the immi website the closest test center to me and I called and made an appointment for an Australian visa medical check. I showed up with the paperwork (if I remember correctly you fill out a form online and print it out and take it with you to the medical check) and they knew what things I needed to get done. They sent the results directly to the visa offices, I never received any results.
Right. We are using a migration agent. I have no idea what form to fill online. All we did was provided with the agent with all the information, all evidence of us together etc. :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Right. We are using a migration agent. I have no idea what form to fill online. All we did was provided with the agent with all the information, all evidence of us together etc. :(
Then your agent will let you know when all of that is requested or needed so I wouldn't worry too much about it now

·
Registered
38 Posts
wechat group

The fastest processing time for a 309/100 visa from Guangzhou so far I've known is 7 months, information was from the wechat group I was in, just for your reference.
Good afternoon

can you invite me to the wechat group please? or if you can provide your Wechat ID can I add you? thank you

·
Registered
38 Posts
wechat group

Then your agent will let you know when all of that is requested or needed so I wouldn't worry too much about it now
hi Arod, saw your previous post that you are in a wechat group for people who are waiting on offshore partner visa,

can you add me into the wechat group please?:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
hi Arod, saw your previous post that you are in a wechat group for people who are waiting on offshore partner visa,

can you add me into the wechat group please?:)
Sorry I left the WeChat group when my visa was granted last year

·
Registered
38 Posts

can you add me into the wechat group please?
Sorry I left the WeChat group when my visa was granted last year
no worries, thank you. if anyone else see this post and has a contact for the Wechat group, please contact ne. thanks a lot!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone, I’d like share my timeline here:

Date of lodgement: 31 March 2019
First RFI : 22 July 2019
Second RFI : 22 Oct 2019
Phone interview : 12 March 2020
Visa granted: 12 March 2020

I’m Chinese citizen, living with my partner in NZ. I lodged my application in NZ as well, so the RFI emails, phone call, granted email all come form Fiji office.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I applied last year in April, still nothing...
Any luck anyone? It's been 15th months since i applied through Guangzhou office, still nothng 😪
Hi, when did you apply for your visa? We submitted our application 7th November 2019. Still no progress at the moment.
It seems like more you move towards 2 year of waiting mark, there's higher probability of them giving you a straightforward PR. So, maybe that's not a bad thing that you still haven't received 309? (I would view it like this)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I thought so too)

I applied last year in April, still nothing...
Any luck anyone? It's been 15th months since i applied through Guangzhou office, still nothng 😪
Hi, when did you apply for your visa? We submitted our application 7th November 2019. Still no progress at the moment.
It seems like more you move towards 2 year of waiting mark, there's higher probability of them giving you a straightforward PR. So, maybe that's not a bad thing that you still haven't received 309? (I would view it like this)

81 - 100 of 136 Posts