Australia Forum banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I thought so too)
Have you submitted medical and police clearance? I was told by my migration agent to hang off sending those in as we might have to do it again due to the 1 year validity.

Just out of curiosity if there is any 309 application from China being granted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did my health assessment but it expired,
will have to do it again. And attached all police check.

I saw a couple of grants from Guangzhou office but I don't think they are processing visas as before

Yeah, I thought so too)
Have you submitted medical and police clearance? I was told by my migration agent to hang off sending those in as we might have to do it again due to the 1 year validity.

Just out of curiosity if there is any 309 application from China being granted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We applied in Beijing in May 2018 and were granted the the visa in December 2019. We planned to travel to Australia in February 2020, but had to cancel due to covid (had even bought tickets). The 'enter before date' is late November 2020. I have emailed my CO about if this date is flexible due to covid, but I was told it is not. My wife needs to apply for an exception to travel to Australia and arrive before the end of November.

We currently live in China full time and do not plan to move to Australia right now. If my wife goes to Australia to fulfill the visa requirement, she'll have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine in Australia, then turn around and fly back to China and spend another 2 weeks in quarantine here. A wasteful, and potentially dangerous experience. I wouldn't even be able to go with her, as I would possibly be stopped from returning to China.

The message I received is as follows:

The first entry date condition is a legislative requirement and is attached to permanent and provisional visas granted offshore. It is not possible to waive the condition or vary the date, and visa holders who breach the first entry date condition may be subject to visa cancellation.

However, in the majority of cases, visa holders who are unable to make their first entry by the required date may be allowed to enter Australia at a later date, provided their visa is still valid and there is no other reason to consider cancellation of the visa.

This consideration cannot occur until travel plans have been made. When you are able to travel to Australia, you should contact the Department of Home Affairs' office which granted your visa and you will be assisted with additional advice at that time. Refer to the Home Affairs website for up-to-date contact details for the relevant office responsible for each country.
I realise it says 'majority' of cases, but I'm really worried to push our luck, due to the expense of the visa! I'm really worried that my wife won't be able to travel this year, the visa will be rejected and we'll have to apply again from scratch. Any advice?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are hitting the 11 months mark. As per our migration agent, there has been no change to the status of our application yet... We have not done medical check / police clearance yet as the agent said to hold off until they request for it. I really hope we get assign a case officer soon.... I am constantly checking the processing time and its grim... :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Applied 07/11/2019
RFI for medical 16/12/2020

FINALLY!!!!!

Can I please ask what are the chances of getting the visa approved once we complete the medical and submit additional evidence?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has asked for extension on RFI? We have just received notice on 16/12 for medical and police clearance to be completed on 13/1/2021 However due to Christmas and New Year break, plus extra steps to get medical done due to COVID it's unlikely we will make it. Just wondering if it is possible to request for extension and if it is possible, is it hard to get extension?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has asked for extension on RFI? We have just received notice on 16/12 for medical and police clearance to be completed on 13/1/2021 However due to Christmas and New Year break, plus extra steps to get medical done due to COVID it's unlikely we will make it. Just wondering if it is possible to request for extension and if it is possible, is it hard to get extension?
Not sure if the applicant is currently waiting in China. If yes, 28 days should be sufficient to obtain both medical (appointment available usually within a week and results uploaded to immi the same day) and police check (6 working days to notarize). As far as I know, Christmas is not a Chinese public holiday, and New Year's break is only 3 days in China.

If you also had to obtain a police check from AFP, had you applied on 16th Dec, it should have been issued in 2 working days. But make sure you do have it mailed to a trusted friend in Australia and have it scanned to you, otherwise it is highly likely to get lost if sent to a Chinese address as it is mailed using a standard envelope.

If you really can't have all the required documents ready by 13th Jan, you should submit all you have along with proofs of the ones you haven't got showing you are still waiting on them. It might be helpful to attach an explanation letter as well.

Hope this helps~

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if the applicant is currently waiting in China. If yes, 28 days should be sufficient to obtain both medical (appointment available usually within a week and results uploaded to immi the same day) and police check (6 working days to notarize). As far as I know, Christmas is not a Chinese public holiday, and New Year's break is only 3 days in China.

If you also had to obtain a police check from AFP, had you applied on 16th Dec, it should have been issued in 2 working days. But make sure you do have it mailed to a trusted friend in Australia and have it scanned to you, otherwise it is highly likely to get lost if sent to a Chinese address as it is mailed using a standard envelope.

If you really can't have all the required documents ready by 13th Jan, you should submit all you have along with proofs of the ones you haven't got showing you are still waiting on them. It might be helpful to attach an explanation letter as well.

Hope this helps~
Thanks. I will get in contact with my migration agent when they return on 4th Jan and submit an explanation letter as well as evidence to support my letter.

As for police clearance, I have applied (sponsor) since the 18th December through AFP, received an email on 19th December saying that they will post that through to me. As of today, I still have not received it yet. Hopefully it is not one of the missing snail mail. Will have to contact AFP if I still haven't receive it by next Monday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks. I will get in contact with my migration agent when they return on 4th Jan and submit an explanation letter as well as evidence to support my letter.

As for police clearance, I have applied (sponsor) since the 18th December through AFP, received an email on 19th December saying that they will post that through to me. As of today, I still have not received it yet. Hopefully it is not one of the missing snail mail. Will have to contact AFP if I still haven't receive it by next Monday.
My first police check got lost in the delivery, so I emailed AFP to have a replacement sent to an address in Australia instead. It still took 12 days to arrive. Considering the holiday breaks, I would anticipate it to arrive after the New Year but very much likely before the due date. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My first police check got lost in the delivery, so I emailed AFP to have a replacement sent to an address in Australia instead. It still took 12 days to arrive. Considering the holiday breaks, I would anticipate it to arrive after the New Year but very much likely before the due date. Good luck!
Did you ask for extension given that you have waited for the first one?

Hopefully we will be able to get 2 weeks extension with the explanation letter (and evidence) of why we are not able to provide evidence within the given time frame as the letter did state that: "If you cannot give us the information on time for some other reason, attach a letter explaining the reason to your application in ImmiAccount or email it to us. We might let you have more time to give us the information if you cannot get it to us on time for reasons beyond your control."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you ask for extension given that you have waited for the first one?

Hopefully we will be able to get 2 weeks extension with the explanation letter (and evidence) of why we are not able to provide evidence within the given time frame as the letter did state that: "If you cannot give us the information on time for some other reason, attach a letter explaining the reason to your application in ImmiAccount or email it to us. We might let you have more time to give us the information if you cannot get it to us on time for reasons beyond your control."
No we didn't have to apply for extension because I applied for the police check prior to the RFI. May I know how much your agent charged for their professional and translation services?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No we didn't have to apply for extension because I applied for the police check prior to the RFI. May I know how much your agent charged for their professional and translation services?
Our agent is based in Australia and they only assist with visa application. Hence we are unable to proceed with extension yet as they are closed for Christmas / New Year break. We have to pay for another NAATI translator to translate all other documents.

We should have applied for police check prior too but our agent said to wait till RFI comes in as it might expires

Most migration charged around $3500 - $4000 for partner visa... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, we applied for our partner visa in June 2020. We are living in Taiwan, does anyone know which office this would be processed in? My guess is Hong Kong or Guangzhou but I can't find anything to confirm this. Any info is really appreciated!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello, we applied for our partner visa in June 2020. We are living in Taiwan, does anyone know which office this would be processed in? My guess is Hong Kong or Guangzhou but I can't find anything to confirm this. Any info is really appreciated!
Really can't tell as I don't have access to my online application or have correspondences sent to myself since we're using a migration agent. I would probably take a wild guess that it's an office based in somewhere that Chinese is the main language used there. So Hong Kong and Guangzhou are both possible. If not, it may well be an office fairly close to Taiwan. But of course the case officer should all be Australian officials.

According to my agent, she was able to tell from the RFI email that it came from the processing office in Guangzhou. Whether it was explicitly stated in the email or it contained traces of processing location, I really can't tell. Perhaps you can take a look at the RFI email if you ever received one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We Applied 309 on Sep 2020, requested medical by CO in Dec 2020. But my partner doesn’t have a visitor visa, ( applied in May2020, but still no response) so my partner can’t come. Does anyone applied 600 and get approved recently? Or get 600 granted while waiting for 309?

·
Registered
21 Posts
We are hitting the 11 months mark. As per our migration agent, there has been no change to the status of our application yet... We have not done medical check / police clearance yet as the agent said to hold off until they request for it. I really hope we get assign a case officer soon.... I am constantly checking the processing time and its grim... :(
Hi, has your 309 granted now?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Really can't tell as I don't have access to my online application or have correspondences sent to myself since we're using a migration agent. I would probably take a wild guess that it's an office based in somewhere that Chinese is the main language used there. So Hong Kong and Guangzhou are both possible. If not, it may well be an office fairly close to Taiwan. But of course the case officer should all be Australian officials.

According to my agent, she was able to tell from the RFI email that it came from the processing office in Guangzhou. Whether it was explicitly stated in the email or it contained traces of processing location, I really can't tell. Perhaps you can take a look at the RFI email if you ever received one.
Hi, have your 309 been granted?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there, Not yet. We are still waiting. We have submitted all required documents now and the migration agent said it is up to the case officer now to make the decision, or come back with more RFIs.
I was hoping I can get it in April already as it has been 15 months now

101 - 120 of 136 Posts