Australia Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone got their visa 309 granted yet in April from China?
We are almost in the same timeframe. My application was submistted in Oct 2019, RFI in 16 December 2020. Now the status has changed to futher assessment. Wondering how much longer it would take.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are almost in the same timeframe. My application was submistted in Oct 2019, RFI in 16 December 2020. Now the status has changed to futher assessment. Wondering how much longer it would take.
I know!!! When did you guys submit the RFI? Do you know where your processing office is? We are applying through an agent so cant really see the status but agent said it is in process!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any good news from anyone?

We are still waiting and almost reaching 19 months mark now... it is getting more and more frustrated each day. Trying to convince myself each day that there might be good news today...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
We submitted medical and Police check in Dec 2020 upon RFI, no more response from immigration office since. Now 8 months past after we submitted 309 applicaiton.

Our agent said more onshore partner visa applications are processed at this stage. But 309 is very slow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any good news from anyone?

We are still waiting and almost reaching 19 months mark now... it is getting more and more frustrated each day. Trying to convince myself each day that there might be good news today...
We applied jan.2020
Rfi medical 12.2020
Guangzhou office
Phone interview may 2021, submitted specific photos the officer wanted ! Next day grant ! Flights booked for next month !

I wish you best luck mate ! I know the agony

·
Registered
32 Posts
We applied jan.2020
Rfi medical 12.2020
Guangzhou office
Phone interview may 2021, submitted specific photos the officer wanted ! Next day grant ! Flights booked for next month !

I wish you best luck mate ! I know the agony
Thats so good that you get the grant the next day.
We applied Nov 2019 through agent
RFI medical Nov 2020, submitted Jan 2021, and until now...... no news at all

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recommend making an application for a travel exemption! As soon as I did that her tourist visa was granted and 2 days later the phone interview happened! This has been multiple times reported in the wechat group my wife is part of

·
Registered
32 Posts
I recommend making an application for a travel exemption! As soon as I did that her tourist visa was granted and 2 days later the phone interview happened! This has been multiple times reported in the wechat group my wife is part of
Oh.... I might have to try that. Did she get her tourist visa exemption granted too?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes she did then we are married ! But it is doesn’t matter now then she got the 309 granted only few days after ! But it seems a common pattern as soon as you apply for exemption they work on tourist visa and partner visa ! I know of at least 9 cases what got there partner visa in less then 2 weeks after applying for this travel exemption ! But this information is from a wechat group so can’t verify it ! Only that it worked for us

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes she did then we are married ! But it is doesn’t matter now then she got the 309 granted only few days after ! But it seems a common pattern as soon as you apply for exemption they work on tourist visa and partner visa ! I know of at least 9 cases what got there partner visa in less then 2 weeks after applying for this travel exemption ! But this information is from a wechat group so can’t verify it ! Only that it worked for us
Right. Do you have to apply for tourist visa first to apply for exemption? I am all too confused. Or are you using your Visa 309 application as the base to apply for exemption?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think so then you have to put in the application number ! So gonna be hard if you don’t have one ! But you might be able to use the number from partner visa ! Just go and try it ! Even if you have to apply for tourist visa it’s worth a try only 140 $ or something like that !

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think so then you have to put in the application number ! So gonna be hard if you don’t have one ! But you might be able to use the number from partner visa ! Just go and try it ! Even if you have to apply for tourist visa it’s worth a try only 140 $ or something like that !
Thanks Dean2!

Can I ask too, is it easy to get a flight from China to Aus at the moment with the cap on international arrivals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Depending if you prepared to pay business class or hope to have luck booking economy!25 people per flight ! You can imagine how the chances are booking economy!
be flexible in departure airport and arrival airport and you can find something fairly quickly under 6k

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depending if you prepared to pay business class or hope to have luck booking economy!25 people per flight ! You can imagine how the chances are booking economy!
be flexible in departure airport and arrival airport and you can find something fairly quickly under 6k
Thanks for the information! Very helpful information!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Dean, just wondering if your wife applied exemption for Travel after obtained 309visa?

121 - 136 of 136 Posts