Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planning to apply for skill assessments using RPL with ACS sometime soon and would like some advice on my scenario.

I have total 10.5 years work experience which is split as 8 years outside Australia and 2.5 yrs in Australia. Because my graduation had no ICT subjects, i am expecting to have 6 years deducted from my total work experience.

Now, ACS doesnt speak the point language. I spoke on the help support number and they mentioned that they would clearly mention the out of Australia experience and Australia experience in their results.

The big mystery of my life is how will my points get calculated. I can think of possible 2 scenarios :

Scenario 1 > Offshore : 8 -6 = 2yrs (Zero Points) , Australia : 1yr (5pts). In this scenario is dont know what happens to my remaining 1.5yrs of Australia experience as its under 3 years.

Scenario 2 > Australia : 1yr (5pts). Offshore : (8-6)+1.5years =3.5 (5 points). This is assuming that they would count the remainder 1.5yrs in my offshore experience and i get 5 points for that.

Can i request the experts to advice me how things would work in my
case?

Regards
AG

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,
I am planning to apply for skill assessments using RPL with ACS sometime soon and would like some advice on my scenario.

I have total 10.5 years work experience which is split as 8 years outside Australia and 2.5 yrs in Australia. Because my graduation had no ICT subjects, i am expecting to have 6 years deducted from my total work experience.

Now, ACS doesnt speak the point language. I spoke on the help support number and they mentioned that they would clearly mention the out of Australia experience and Australia experience in their results.

The big mystery of my life is how will my points get calculated. I can think of possible 2 scenarios :

Scenario 1 > Offshore : 8 -6 = 2yrs (Zero Points) , Australia : 1yr (5pts). In this scenario is dont know what happens to my remaining 1.5yrs of Australia experience as its under 3 years.

Scenario 2 > Australia : 1yr (5pts). Offshore : (8-6)+1.5years =3.5 (5 points). This is assuming that they would count the remainder 1.5yrs in my offshore experience and i get 5 points for that.

Can i request the experts to advice me how things would work in my
case?

Regards
AG
I've had the same question crossing my mind before apply for skill assessment.
I've asked my immi lawyer about that, he called my skill assessment office but he got just a vague response...
Some skill assessment offices decrease by default years of experience, and unfortunately only at the time of receiving the outcome you'll find it out.
In these cases everybody suggest to raise your points through the other sections (IELTS score-partner points-state nomination).
;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.