Australia Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 5122 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you girlygal1 for your input. I have a question, did you have to do separate medicals for the tourist visa or would they use one from the 309 Visa ?
you don't need to do medical again, when you fill up the visitor visa application form you will be asked to provide the HAP ID from the previous medical request letter and that works. But you need to do the biometrics again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Exciting news! My partner was granted the 309 today from Berlin. We applied on 31 July 2018 without an agent and front loaded with police clearances and medical. We had no contact at all until receiving the grant notification today after just under 7 months.They have given us until 20 July 2019 to enter which is the date we received his police clearance. Thanks for all the support and good luck to those still waiting! :)
Congratulations. Hopefully Berlin will race through the applications from now on ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve been waiting 20 months for a 309! Lodged from Canada June 2017 , been together 4 years with 2 kids!!! On top of that they refuse us any visitor visas to australia, refuse all ETAs and refuse to communicate why it has taken almost a whopping to years to even decided the first stage! So sad that they sit comfortably while they force families apart .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lunamax if you have been waiting 20 months for the 309, I assume you already have the 100 visa? And if you do have the 100 you could have moved already no???

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been waiting 20 months for a 309! Lodged from Canada June 2017 , been together 4 years with 2 kids!!! On top of that they refuse us any visitor visas to australia, refuse all ETAs and refuse to communicate why it has taken almost a whopping to years to even decided the first stage! So sad that they sit comfortably while they force families apart .
Lunamax if you have been waiting 20 months for the 309, I assume you already have the 100 visa? And if you do have the 100 you could have moved already no???

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've been waiting 20 months for a 309! Lodged from Canada June 2017 , been together 4 years with 2 kids!!! On top of that they refuse us any visitor visas to australia, refuse all ETAs and refuse to communicate why it has taken almost a whopping to years to even decided the first stage! So sad that they sit comfortably while they force families apart .
You cannot recieve the 100 without the 309 being granted first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah i had them backwards. my apologies. I got confused.. the 309 you can move right away when its approved. The 100 is the permanent.

Thanks Aussie83

seems like a long time 20 months for Canada to Australia? Can you not call to see what is wrong if the time has gone over the normal period?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Lunamax, sorry to hear that you are still waiting. From memory, you had quite the complex case. Have all those issues been resolved? I believe there was a court case involved? Have they let you know if they are waiting for that to be finalized?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes court case was finalised for sponsor . He just has continued his life normally no jail etc . Wow the links shows that most in Canada are processed under a year. No one is “able to do anything” or even give the smallest explanation. Oh well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!

We are offshore too, I am British and my fiancee is an Aussie, we are applying for the 309 visa.
We are living in Vietnam and applied coming on a month ago now!
Would love to hear about anyone who has applied in Vietnam... I have searched and searched but cant seem to find anyone!! We have already submitted our police checks and our medical check!
hello there jennie, are you still in vietnam?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife applied for stage 2, partner Visa 100 on 18/4/2017 online and she provided all required documents including police check.
Since then her immi account indicates that the application has been submitted. It's been more than 22 months we have been waiting and the application status still the same (Submitted).

Is there anyone with the same status and waiting period?
I appreciate if anyone can share his/her experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All, it's my turn to ask for advice. I don't know do I need to notify the immigration if i change my job while waiting for visa 309 to be granted and how?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys can someone help me when can i expect a call from the case officer

Date Of Visa Application : 3rd September 2018
Medical Examination Date : 10 September 2018
Police Certificate Added Date : 3rd September 2018
Application Status : Further Assessment

it has been 11 months and 20 days and still no contact by CO so far can someone tell how much longer will it take for visa to be granted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys can someone help me when can i expect a call from the case officer

Date Of Visa Application : 3rd September 2018
Medical Examination Date : 10 September 2018
Police Certificate Added Date : 3rd September 2018
Application Status : Further Assessment
so can someone please provide me information when will be my interview . I would greatly appreciate the help
Hi I applied in August did medical and Police clearness after week . It has been saying further assessment since October
So it's long process . There are some people who applied in May and April they haven't gotten yet. We are far away yet

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all,
We are offshore too.
My husband applied over 26 months ago! And since then they Have asked him to do health checks and police checks not once but twice. Everything came up as fine, and we have been providing them with photos and updates witg our daily life... His from denmark ( low country risk ) so I'm not sure what is their deal with taking way too long. I've been living witg him for the last 2 year's and they know that.. yet they don't give us any answers to the extreme delay! However my visa is running out and I'll have to go back to Australia and it's extremely difficult considering we've been living together, day in - day out for the past 2 years. I've came across many post and stories over the internet and with friends etc however, no one that I've known have taken this long.. I'm so worried and would really like to hear of any of you put there have takebcthem this long ...

Thank you

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi all,
We are offshore too.
My husband applied over 26 months ago! And since then they Have asked him to do health checks and police checks not once but twice. Everything came up as fine, and we have been providing them with photos and updates witg our daily life... His from denmark ( low country risk ) so I'm not sure what is their deal with taking way too long. I've been living witg him for the last 2 year's and they know that.. yet they don't give us any answers to the extreme delay! However my visa is running out and I'll have to go back to Australia and it's extremely difficult considering we've been living together, day in - day out for the past 2 years. I've came across many post and stories over the internet and with friends etc however, no one that I've known have taken this long.. I'm so worried and would really like to hear of any of you put there have takebcthem this long ...

Thank you
Send an enquiry about it. You are past the wait times for the visa at 26 months. You can file a complaint, wait two weeks and if you don't hear anything, contact the ombudsman. Usually, this gets the ball rolling.

2041 - 2060 of 5122 Posts