Australia Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did anyone email you? Have you submitted your police and medical checks? We have lodged our application online in June 2018 and haven't heard anything from them yet.:(
We heard from them in October last year asking for medical, then Jan this year asking for SP40 to be submitted, i've front loaded my police finger prints. Status is further assesment currently.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wait wait wait..

why are people still talking about 40sp? i thought it is no longer valid since all must be done online, like the application to be the sponsor, its done via the immiAccount and no longer this pdf

·
Registered
25 Posts
wait wait wait..

why are people still talking about 40sp? i thought it is no longer valid since all must be done online, like the application to be the sponsor, its done via the immiAccount and no longer this pdf
The sponsor has to complete the electronic version of it.
Can be done through their own immi account or a new "application application to sponsor a partner" through the applicant's immi account- will need the TRN number so that it can be linked.

But it most certainly is still required

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, my husband and I are applying from England, I am Australian and he is from Chile! Would our application take longer that his country is considered 'high risk'?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
wait wait wait..

Daniel it was requested January 08 2019 by the CO so it must have been valid then, not sure about now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for the visa status to change from "received" to "initial assessment"? Or how long it took on your particular case?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for the visa status to change from "received" to "initial assessment"? Or how long it took on your particular case?

Thanks
Mine was changed to further assessment in month but it doesn't matter until CO check it . because my status has been further assessment since Oct.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,
We are offshore too.
My husband applied over 26 months ago! And since then they Have asked him to do health checks and police checks not once but twice. Everything came up as fine, and we have been providing them with photos and updates witg our daily life... His from denmark ( low country risk ) so I'm not sure what is their deal with taking way too long. I've been living witg him for the last 2 year's and they know that.. yet they don't give us any answers to the extreme delay! However my visa is running out and I'll have to go back to Australia and it's extremely difficult considering we've been living together, day in - day out for the past 2 years. I've came across many post and stories over the internet and with friends etc however, no one that I've known have taken this long.. I'm so worried and would really like to hear of any of you put there have takebcthem this long ...

Thank you
Very Sad to know, it must quite hard to wait that long. Is there any complication in your case like previous relationship/Divorce or any court cases of applicant or of sponser or any other reason you can think of for delay.

i have been waiting for 14 months, it may be because i had been divorced earlier i think that may be the reason for my delay, I thought max it will be 24 months, this is the first time I see 26 months. OMG!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine was "received " till around October, then changed to "initial assessment" once the physical was submitted, in January was asked to fill out sp40 form and submitted it and the status is now set to "Further Assesment" since then.

Applied June 6 2018

·
Registered
40 Posts
I applied early April 2018 and I have had no contact at all still says received, I understand that the USA embassy can be a little slow but like i front loaded all my documents 2 months after lodgement and other people who lodged around me from the USA have received RFI. I just don't understand why if I don't need an RFI they just can't just grant the visa. Its so confusing to me haha.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I applied early April 2018 and I have had no contact at all still says received, I understand that the USA embassy can be a little slow but like i front loaded all my documents 2 months after lodgement and other people who lodged around me from the USA have received RFI. I just don't understand why if I don't need an RFI they just can't just grant the visa. Its so confusing to me haha.
It hasn't even been a year for you yet?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Some people, if they submit everything up front, never get a request for further information. The first they hear is the grant email.

2061 - 2080 of 5135 Posts