Australia Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, I know this question is probably extremely broad compared to most but I was just wondering, how did you guys decide if you should or shouldn't use a migration agent? We're applying for a 309 (from the UK) soon as a de facto same sex relationship and I need to make a decision about either finding an agent or doing it all myself but I'm finding it hard to choose.
The cost of hiring the agent made me lodged it myself ..honestly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've been waiting since July 2018 for partner visa, applied for tourist visa on September but got rejected then again applied for another tourist visa and I got the grant as a visitor which has a month validity not even 3 months,
feels like the immigration is playing with us really. such a waste of money!!
Though I'm going to Australia next week just to meet and
have a month holiday with my partner:)
We applied in May 18 and I had a baby in November. Hubby had had 2 tourist refusals premarriage so we did the sponsored family visa to come over for the birth and still he only got 1 month.... we were just grateful for anything but yea seems unfair. Figure getting that is a good sign for future visas at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys,

Really need some advice, my partner and I already applied for partner visa subclass 309, our timeline:

Applied: 18/05/2018
Biometrics: 23/05/2018
police checked: 03/11/2018
Medical: Not yet being asked. (But we're already got a referral letter with HAP number, make us confused that he need to do medical checkup or waiting for CO asking for it)
Since then, there's no updating about our application.

My life partner is Malaysian, we've been married while he's staying here in Australia and we're get married before his bridging visa expired and before his bridging visa expired he had to going back to his home country.

Once I heard that, we need to do a traditional marriage at his place (Malaysia) to prove that our marriage is true, but the problems is we have a different religion as his a muslim and i'm a non-muslim. One more thing, his family can't accept me as their daughter in law because there's a lot of difference between us. 😔

We both in love each other for who we are and nothing to do with our faith. we're open about our own faith.
Since he left Australia, we already go to our vacation and meet each other. All the proved and documents that required, we've already submitted each month until now.

Is there anyone have the same problem as we are? and is there any advice for us?
Really appreciated it! thanks guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys,

Really need some advice, my partner and I already applied for partner visa subclass 309, our timeline:

Medical: Not yet being asked. (But we're already got a referral letter with HAP number, make us confused that he need to do medical checkup or waiting for CO asking for it)

My life partner is Malaysian, we've been married while he's staying here in Australia and we're get married before his bridging visa expired and before his bridging visa expired he had to going back to his home country.

Once I heard that, we need to do a traditional marriage at his place (Malaysia) to prove that our marriage is true, but the problems is we have a different religion as his a muslim and i'm a non-muslim. One more thing, his family can't accept me as their daughter in law because there's a lot of difference between us. 😔

We both in love each other for who we are and nothing to do with our faith. we're open about our own faith.
Since he left Australia, we already go to our vacation and meet each other. All the proved and documents that required, we've already submitted each month until now.

Is there anyone have the same problem as we are? and is there any advice for us?
Well me and my wife met online we're in long-distance relationship before marriage she converted into Islam. We got married my family love her more than me. u can't marry him if u are non muslim. Because our religion doesn't let us to marry non Muslim.u should understand him .my researched about Islam she accepted it.now she is very happy being Muslim we are happy couple. We are Young couple only eighteen years old. We have been through a lot difficult times but we are always staying Strong. We pray for ur happy future with ur man

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you have a referral and HAP number you have everything you need for the medical - why haven't you done it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Guys,

The referral with the HAP is the MEDICAL request. Please go ahead and do it as soon as you can. The letter usually states where to go do the medical. Once you've complied, it automatically updates on your immiaccount, when the med team send report. I asked them & was told it is an automatic system which proved true because it updated on my immi. Please go ahead and do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Amjariqbal , @MutinMia , @wanjeri thank you so much for responding. My friends has told me before because her husband work with migration agency, that we need to wait another email from CO if they need the medical checkup.

That's make us confused. So, do we just proceed this medical checkup and no need wait for the CO emails? thank you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi All,

Applied for 309 when my wife was working in Dubai. So ended up having my application processed from Beirut office.

Application lodged: 05 Nov 2018
Medicals Done: 21 Dec 2018
Request for Info: 02 Jan 2019
Sponsor status: Further Assessment
Applicant status : Further Assessment

The request for info was very vague as the checklist was asking for all documents to be submitted again. In my case all the required documents were submitted when we lodged the application. I did email them asking for more info, but haven't received any reply yet. Has anyone else come up with same issue ?

Now my wife has left her work in Dubai and moved back to her home country India. I'm not sure if change of country of residence will change the application office and create a further delay to the application.

Also next year Jan 2020 we are having our wedding ceremony and my wife wants to come to Australia with me on tourist visa if her 309 is not approved by then. Does anyone know if we can apply for sponsored tourist visa while we have an application being processed for 309.

Thanks guys
Hi...

i never thought that sponsor's status will also change...

·
Registered
140 Posts
@Amjariqbal , @MutinMia , @wanjeri thank you so much for responding. My friends has told me before because her husband work with migration agency, that we need to wait another email from CO if they need the medical checkup.

That's make us confused. So, do we just proceed this medical checkup and no need wait for the CO emails? thank you!
Check to see if there's a Malaysian page for 309 maybe it's different. But the referral letter, has all the details and it was the way to let you know hey go do the check up. My referral had all the details on how and where to book the medical. It doesn't hurt to email the place listed on the letter for the check up, I think.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
My friends has told me before because her husband work with migration agency, that we need to wait another email from CO if they need the medical checkup.

When we did the 300 visa, from the Philippines, we just did the Medical once they gave us the referral letter with HAP number, assuming it was the request. We got the visa, with no further request from Immigration.

People who don't do it first will get a reminder later, after your application begins to be processed.

It is possible that those who have frontloaded everything, will get the visa issued faster, based on this:

To assist in processing, you need to submit a complete application.

actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
There are only 4 medical centres that can do the Medical for a visa in Malaysia; Sabah, Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak and Penang..

immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/.../when-to-have-health-examinations

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wanted to bounce a thought to the helpful folks on here.

We are awaiting grant of 309/100 since Aug '18 but my partner's lease and work permit in their country of residence is due to expire end of April. All can be renewed but for an additional one year and at significant cost.

Is it worth emailing the CO with proof and asking for expedited processing or not. On the one hand, my partner thinks we would be nagging, they won't care, will dig depper into the file and it might backfire. I think there is no harm in trying.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wanted to bounce a thought to the helpful folks on here.

We are awaiting grant of 309/100 since Aug '18 but my partner's lease and work permit in their country of residence is due to expire end of April. All can be renewed but for an additional one year and at significant cost.

Is it worth emailing the CO with proof and asking for expedited processing or not. On the one hand, my partner thinks we would be nagging, they won't care, will dig depper into the file and it might backfire. I think there is no harm in trying.
When was the last time a CO asked for more info or sent a message? Its usually anywhere from 1 week to 4 months from that time to get an outcome, that's based on previous peoples accounts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When was the last time a CO asked for more info or sent a message? Its usually anywhere from 1 week to 4 months from that time to get an outcome, that's based on previous peoples accounts.
Mid-October and I was expecting it in Jan (don't ask why!) but nothing so far.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mid-October and I was expecting it in Jan (don't ask why!) but nothing so far.
WOW that's a long time, I applied Jan26 2019 I hoping mine is approved by Jan 2020, but I don't see it happening either. That is so strange. Maybe something wrong with the medical? or police record? Usually if theres something wrong with medical they don't tell until outcome of the case. But I guess its different for every case, have you thought about getting a tourist visa for the applicant? If its approved whilst your in Australia you can take a trip out for 3 days and come back in.

·
Registered
111 Posts
WOW that's a long time, I applied Jan26 2019 I hoping mine is approved by Jan 2020, but I don't see it happening either. That is so strange. Maybe something wrong with the medical? or police record? Usually if theres something wrong with medical they don't tell until outcome of the case. But I guess its different for every case, have you thought about getting a tourist visa for the applicant? If its approved whilst your in Australia you can take a trip out for 3 days and come back in.
I did a lot but opted not to do that, don't want to risk them having a visa rejection on record for future travels. I know there are many instances of applicants being successful but in my personal opinion, it's not the easiest thing to prove an applicant with a permanent visa application would depart. I wouldn't allow that to happen but convincing a visa officer is another thing. So for now, we wait

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did a lot but opted not to do that, don't want to risk them having a visa rejection on record for future travels. I know there are many instances of applicants being successful but in my personal opinion, it's not the easiest thing to prove an applicant with a permanent visa application would depart. I wouldn't allow that to happen but convincing a visa officer is another thing. So for now, we wait
Yeah I hope you have good news soon, let us know if you do. I am on a Greek Island at the moment with no jobs, I need to get back sometime in Feb, I will try for a tourist visa in Jan, you got me a bit scared there. If the tourist Visa is rejected does it effect the application for partner visa or not?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah I hope you have good news soon, let us know if you do. I am on a Greek Island at the moment with no jobs, I need to get back sometime in Feb, I will try for a tourist visa in Jan, you got me a bit scared there. If the tourist Visa is rejected does it effect the application for partner visa or not?
No it does not affect it, once approved it won't matter.

I am talking more about if a visa is required for a third country, you will have to check the box

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sir, i need some assistance from you.. I'm Pakistan citizens my ex husband is an Australian citizen who divorced me in june 2018.. While i had 309/100 visa but before my arrival to Australia he divorced me and withdrawal the sponsorship.. They have canceled my visa. I have baby 8 month old baby girl. I want come australian. Please help me how to i proceed my case before immigration. I once traveled in Australia in August 2017 for a month. Please guide me how to i proceed my case.
Kind Regards

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello Sir, i need some assistance from you.. I'm Pakistan citizens my ex husband is an Australian citizen who divorced me in june 2018.. While i had 309/100 visa but before my arrival to Australia he divorced me and withdrawal the sponsorship.. They have canceled my visa. I have baby 8 month old baby girl. I want come australian. Please help me how to i proceed my case before immigration. I once traveled in Australia in August 2017 for a month. Please guide me how to i proceed my case.
Kind Regards
Oh my god I so sorry this has happed to you, we send you Love and positive energy. I am not a immigration lawyer better to check. Make sure in the birth certificate you put his name and address. But how do we know he did divorce you if he found out the baby wasn't his (Timing of pregnancy).

Final answer:
NO

Only the child or the father can apply and the father has to remain as a Australian permanent resident. (Especially time of Birth). I don't think the father will apply for it since the relationship is now sour. The baby can apply later when he/she is 18 if the father is still Australian Permanent Resident and also DNA test will be required. But I don't think he will sponsor you maybe in the future.

"Children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for and be granted a permanent visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents.(Father)
Most children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for a Child (subclass 101) visa.

2121 - 2140 of 5135 Posts