Australia Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone

* * * * * * * *My medical for partner visa is valid up to 15th april 2019..if i am not issued visa to that date..do i need to go for another medical?currently i am in Australia on visitor visa.do i need to go offshore for that?confused..my subclass 600 visa got expiry date to 16th may 2019..should i apply for another visitor visa..some says onshore applications takes long times..while offshores are done on priority bases for 309 visas..confused..frustrating..its going to be 13 months in another week..should i expect another few weeks or months?

* * * * * * * * * * *Thanks..

Avi

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello everyone

* * * * * * * *My medical for partner visa is valid up to 15th april 2019..if i am not issued visa to that date..do i need to go for another medical?currently i am in Australia on visitor visa.do i need to go offshore for that?confused..my subclass 600 visa got expiry date to 16th may 2019..should i apply for another visitor visa..some says onshore applications takes long times..while offshores are done on priority bases for 309 visas..confused..frustrating..its going to be 13 months in another week..should i expect another few weeks or months?

* * * * * * * * * * *Thanks..

Avi
They will tell. Anything expiring just leave till you recieve an email from immigration.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think processing time will accelerate starting form July as the sponsorship approval kicks in this month. There will be no visa applications starting from Apr-19 and this will reduce the number of cases assigned to processing offices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think processing time will accelerate starting form July as the sponsorship approval kicks in this month. There will be no visa applications starting from Apr-19 and this will reduce the number of cases assigned to processing offices.
Hopefully they do reduce the processing times and grant so many visas
Wishing everyone happy news in the upcoming weeks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it might be June 2019 it fully comes into effect. But it sounds good for us. So if from June there are no new Applications until sponsors are approved first it will put less strain on the Case Officers. Unless the new changes causes chaos, were Case officers need to attend meetings and new courses regarding the sponsor approval, the other question is where is the Sponsor approval going to be done? It could be on the same case officers workload. If its done in Australia totally then its good for 309 applicants currently.
But regardless there will be a slowdown for 3 months or so which will have our Case Officers working on current cases prior to changes.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hopefully they do reduce the processing times and grant so many visas
Wishing everyone happy news in the upcoming weeks
Very little chance of that happening.

They are cutting down the total numbers of visas to be granted.

Migration numbers were at 190,000 per year, but that is being cut to about 160,000 per year. With about a 15 per cent cut in family visas.

That means fewer visa grants each month, and more to add to the waiting list.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks like all the Visa Changes are happening from 17th of April as per all the news articles online. There is a message on the Immi account page before you log in about working Visa changes, its very specific for the 17th. I would say get your applications in for 309 ASAP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hello....

1. Please how do you know which office is processing your application. Is it the option to choose the closest office to you in the form?

2.does anyone know anything about the average processing time for kenya and pretoria.

Thank you.
i am very interested in this question too..please anyone with ideas? I am a nigerian...i also applied online and ticked nairobi as closest to me
Hi,

I found this on Nigeria.embassy.gov.au
Visa applications from Nigeria

All visa applications to Australia from Nigeria are processed through the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa. For more detailed information on the visa application process, please visit Pretoria's Visa and Migration website.

(Please Google this to confirm since I could be wrong about it. Hope it helps.)

·
Registered
140 Posts
hello....

1. Please how do you know which office is processing your application. Is it the option to choose the closest office to you in the form?

2.does anyone know anything about the average processing time for kenya and pretoria.

Thank you.
i am very interested in this question too..please anyone with ideas? I am a nigerian...i also applied online and ticked nairobi as closest to me
I posted a pdf document, found on a berlin thread for 309/100. It has median for all processing places. Nairobi has an 8 month time and it's evident for some on a Kenyan active thread labeled nairobi 309/100 but sadly pretoria seems to go beyond the timelines, this from the conversations going on in the pretoria 309/100 thread(I could be wrong about this, maybe it's the guys on the end spectrum of 20 months who post on the Pretoria thread?). I hope yours get processed in Nairobi.
All the best Godswill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Today I received a very welcome email with my visa grant! It is the sub class 309 visa, the sub class 100 visa was not approved at the same time. When I checked my account last week the status was still 'Received' and now it has changed to 'Finalized', so the actual processing time was very quick. For reference it was processed by the Berlin embassy and we did not use an agent.

Obviously extremely happy that we have clarity now and can start planning for the future.

My timeline:
25/11/2018 - Application submitted
25/12/2018 - Police checks submitted
01/02/2019 - Medicals submitted
11/04/2019 - Visa grant

·
Registered
103 Posts
Today I received a very welcome email with my visa grant! It is the sub class 309 visa, the sub class 100 visa was not approved at the same time. When I checked my account last week the status was still 'Received' and now it has changed to 'Finalized', so the actual processing time was very quick. For reference it was processed by the Berlin embassy and we did not use an agent.

Obviously extremely happy that we have clarity now and can start planning for the future.

My timeline:
25/11/2018 - Application submitted
25/12/2018 - Police checks submitted
01/02/2019 - Medicals submitted
11/04/2019 - Visa grant
Hey Congrats, just curious did you ever get contact from a case officer? any interviews? Did the Sponsor and applicant status both say Received? I applied on Australia Day 2019 from Berlin office.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There has been no contact from the case officer: no emails, no interviews, nothing. I last checked on Sunday and the status was still 'Received', like it has been the whole time. Then on Thursday I received the grant email.

Now my account says 'Finalized' while in my partner's account it says 'Approved'. My interpretation is that it was assigned to a CO this week and was approved within a few days. I guess my file was straightforward and complete. Great to know that all the effort paid off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I applied 309 online for my wife. I'm an Australian Citizen and my wife from Nepal. Case assigned to Australian High Commission, New Delhi.

24/12/2018 - Date of Application
20/02/2019 - Case Officer requested Medical and Form 40sp
13/03/2019 - Medical and Form 40sp submitted
10/04/2019 - Requested for another 40sp (the one we attached was an old 40sp, requested to submit an online 40sp)
11/04/2019 - Submitted the online 40sp form
11/04/2019 - 309 Granted

·
Registered
153 Posts
I applied 309 online for my wife. I'm an Australian Citizen and my wife from Nepal. Case assigned to Australian High Commission, New Delhi.

24/12/2018 - Date of Application
20/02/2019 - Case Officer requested Medical and Form 40sp
13/03/2019 - Medical and Form 40sp submitted
10/04/2019 - Requested for another 40sp (the one we attached was an old 40sp, requested to submit an online 40sp)
11/04/2019 - Submitted the online 40sp form
11/04/2019 - 309 Granted
4 months thats insane!!! Congrats

·
Registered
51 Posts
There has been no contact from the case officer: no emails, no interviews, nothing. I last checked on Sunday and the status was still 'Received', like it has been the whole time. Then on Thursday I received the grant email.

Now my account says 'Finalized' while in my partner's account it says 'Approved'. My interpretation is that it was assigned to a CO this week and was approved within a few days. I guess my file was straightforward and complete. Great to know that all the effort paid off.
Hello Roel,
first of all congratulations to you guys..
i have a confusion regarding 40SP. does my partner need to make a separate account and submit on his own?? like you are mentioning here separate immi accounts fro you both. because I guess when i completed my application it automatically asked to fill in 40SP so i done it with my partners consent.
i hope i didnt do anything wrong. because i applied in nov 2018 and i hopefully i hvnt wasted my time.. please share your experience.

thanks in advance,
if anyone else also has some clarity on this please reply.

2181 - 2200 of 5135 Posts