Australia Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
There has been no contact from the case officer: no emails, no interviews, nothing. I last checked on Sunday and the status was still 'Received', like it has been the whole time. Then on Thursday I received the grant email.

Now my account says 'Finalized' while in my partner's account it says 'Approved'. My interpretation is that it was assigned to a CO this week and was approved within a few days. I guess my file was straightforward and complete. Great to know that all the effort paid off.
Hello Roel,
first of all congratulations to you guys..
i have a confusion regarding 40SP. does my partner need to make a separate account and submit on his own?? like you are mentioning here separate immi accounts fro you both. because I guess when i completed my application it automatically asked to fill in 40SP so i done it with my partners consent.
i hope i didnt do anything wrong. because i applied in nov 2018 and i hopefully i hvnt wasted my time.. please share your experience.

thanks in advance,
if anyone else also has some clarity on this please reply.
Hi
I am sharing my details that may help you in some aspects
My partner is an Australian PR and he opened a new case throw his immi acount to be my sponsor, while he uploaded his 40SP form there.
As I created my immi account there is an option to upload sponsor's documents, but 40Sp is not recommended there.
He uploaded all his files in his own account, I lodged on October 1st and received the document request Email on November 28th, now my status is " further assessment" and my partner is "approved"
I wish it would be helpful to you

·
Registered
51 Posts
I posted a pdf document, found on a berlin thread for 309/100. It has median for all processing places. Nairobi has an 8 month time and it's evident for some on a Kenyan active thread labeled nairobi 309/100 but sadly pretoria seems to go beyond the timelines, this from the conversations going on in the pretoria 309/100 thread(I could be wrong about this, maybe it's the guys on the end spectrum of 20 months who post on the Pretoria thread?). I hope yours get processed in Nairobi.
All the best Godswill
Hi
I am sharing my details that may help you in some aspects
My partner is an Australian PR and he opened a new case throw his immi acount to be my sponsor, while he uploaded his 40SP form there.
As I created my immi account there is an option to upload sponsor's documents, but 40Sp is not recommended there.
He uploaded all his files in his own account, I lodged on October 1st and received the document request Email on November 28th, now my status is " further assessment" and my partner is "approved"
I wish it would be helpful to you
thankyou maryam for your reply,
is there a right or wrong way of doing things??
like i have filled his 40SP and uploaded all his documents from my account itself. do you have any idea if this could be a problem??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has any successful contacted their CO and gotten a reply? I was asked to send in the SP40 some time ago and sent it via immi but then noticed they wanted it sent to email as well. So I called the immigration number and spoke to someone and they said it should be fine as long as it was sent via Immi.

I emailed the CO assigned to the case the information requested.I then followed up a couple of weeks later to make sure the documents were received and the assessment could continue, and still heard nothing that was 3 weeks ago. It does say on my immi account (further assessment) but just wondering if anyone's gotten a reply back while emailing them before?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife's 309 was granted last week and we never emailed the CO. But once we submitted the documents that was requested by the CO, we clicked the button on the bottom of the attach documents page -"I confirm I have provided information as requested".

Initially, we were asked to submit medical and 40sp form. We submitted the 40sp form as soon as it was requested but only clicked that button when we could see the medical was submitted to immigration. Exactly 4 weeks later (last day of the 4 weeks period) from clicking that button, we were asked to re-submit the 40sp, this time online as the one we provided was the old one. Filled out the 40sp form online from my own account next day and clicked on that button "I confirm I have provided information as requested" from her immi account and the visa was granted the same day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife's 309 was granted last week and we never emailed the CO. But once we submitted the documents that was requested by the CO, we clicked the button on the bottom of the attach documents page -"I confirm I have provided information as requested".

Initially, we were asked to submit medical and 40sp form. We submitted the 40sp form as soon as it was requested but only clicked that button when we could see the medical was submitted to immigration. Exactly 4 weeks later (last day of the 4 weeks period) from clicking that button, we were asked to re-submit the 40sp, this time online as the one we provided was the old one. Filled out the 40sp form online from my own account next day and clicked on that button "I confirm I have provided information as requested" from her immi account and the visa was granted the same day.
Hey @navman or anyone else

can you please share a link to the new 40SP form that your were requested to fill out i can only find the 2010 version online. This would be a great help!

thank you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey @navman or anyone else

can you please share a link to the new 40SP form that your were requested to fill out i can only find the 2010 version online. This would be a great help!

thank you!
You can find it from your immi account. Start New Application > Family > Sponsorhip for a partner to migrate to Australia

The sponsor will have to fill that up. I filled that one for my wife with my own immi account. Entering the Transaction Reference Number (TRN) then linked up the applications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am an Australian waiting for the visa 100 for my Indian wife. I have been reading the board for about 5 months now trying to find clues on our visa process. I really feel for the people here, I know how hard the process on families.
I am no different, it our relationship and lives are really put to the test.
Application Date: 16 July, 2018
Request for more information: 26 February, 2019
Processing Office: Berlin
Currently Waiting......
I was living with my wife in Vienna, working. My contract for job finished which meany my wife's visa was finished. To stay together meant we both had to move to India, which is where we both are now. It was the only option to stay together. It is tough enduring the Indian summer with 40+ temperatures and a single ceiling fan.
My mind is being melted and my patients is running out. We do not know what to do, all we can do is wait. Will it be 1 month, will it be 6 months? Right now our careers are out on hold.
I just don't know what to do. Any advice or support would be grateful.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
like i have filled his 40SP and uploaded all his documents from my account itself. do you have any idea if this could be a problem??
No, it's not a problem. It does not matter if the sponsor form is completed from their own account or from the same account as the applicant. All that matters is that the TRN for the applicant is filled into the sponsor application correctly.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Huh? The SP40 form has no where to put a/the TRN, are you talking about a different sponsor form? besides they are meant to be submitted at the same time.
The sponsor form should be completed online and there is a question asking for the applicant's TRN or application number.

Not sure what you mean they're meant to be submitted at the same time. It's not possible to do the online sponsorship form until after the applicant application has been submitted and paid for.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I think I get the confusion. Are you referring to the old paper version? That was for when applications could be lodged by post. Now that they're all online, the sponsor should be doing the online application form via immi.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hi College Girl,
I am hoping to bring a lady as a wife to OZ this year after having to wait 5 years following deceipt by my Russian ex wife . I ften hear talk of an ONSHORE application which presumably means my wife could live with me in OZ for some months or longer while we did the application in OZ . I am in UK at present and expecting to return to OZ to live this year . Am I correct about that or have I got it wrong ??
Hoping you can kindly confirm or otherwise .
regards ,
Barry Cook

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just lodged application for Partner Visa 309 and 100 on April 15th, 2019.

I am Canadian and my wife is Australian Citizen who has been living with me in Canada for over 1.5 years but we have been in long distance relationship since 2008. We had few religious ceremonies in the years between. I recently went to Australia for the second time and we both wanted to move there.

I have submitted all the documents required for both sponsor and applicant except the health check and police check for the applicant (me).

However I received a notification that health assessment is required and got the referral letter. Considering the wait times and validity of health check and police check, Should I upload the health and police check within next 2-3 weeks? Or is there gonna be another request from Case Office regarding this? I have been reading lot of posts and the answers seem conflicting.

Please advise. I would like to have 2 or 3 months time for entry to Australia after application is processed so I can wrap up few things.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure what you mean they're meant to be submitted at the same time. It's not possible to do the online sponsorship form until after the applicant application has been submitted and paid for.
I think I get the confusion. Are you referring to the old paper version? That was for when applications could be lodged by post. Now that they're all online, the sponsor should be doing the online application form via immi.
We saved the form online and completed and then submitted as soon as the application was "received" and the field to upload forms was there, couple of days later maybe.

The form its self makes references to sending it so i suppose its the old one, but came from the immi site 10 months ago...40SP (Design date 07/17)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi . I give my case to Australian agent 4 months ago she said give me that and that again and again i mean its ok or she played us? I told her please lodge my paper now she said send me shopping raseed . It’s normal or not what should i do? Please any suggestion

·
Registered
804 Posts
Please advise. I would like to have 2 or 3 months time for entry to Australia after application is processed so I can wrap up few things.
LOL - more than likely will will get plenty of time
you have like 3 months to use the visa anyway.
How long you have is actually tied in with your medical and police checks. Since have had the option of entering in 5 days or redo a check

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
We saved the form online and completed and then submitted as soon as the application was "received" and the field to upload forms was there, couple of days later maybe.

The form its self makes references to sending it so i suppose its the old one, but came from the immi site 10 months ago...40SP (Design date 07/17)
For as long as there have been online applications (many, many years), the online sponsorship form has been there for online applications.

Others have completed and filled out the paper version (whether this was done on a computer or handwritten is irrelevant) and uploaded it to their online application, only to later then be asked by the CO to do the online sponsorship form. If it says on the step-by-step guide on the website to do the online sponsorship form, then that's what I would do (and did for all three visa grants without requests for further info).

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
hi College Girl,
I am hoping to bring a lady as a wife to OZ this year after having to wait 5 years following deceipt by my Russian ex wife . I ften hear talk of an ONSHORE application which presumably means my wife could live with me in OZ for some months or longer while we did the application in OZ . I am in UK at present and expecting to return to OZ to live this year . Am I correct about that or have I got it wrong ??
Hoping you can kindly confirm or otherwise .
regards ,
Barry Cook
Offshore de/facto spouse partner visa = 309/100
Onshore de/facto spouse partner visa = 820/801

2201 - 2220 of 5334 Posts