Australia Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, wondering if anyone can let me know if this is normal or have a similar situation.

I am an Australian Citizen (born) and my partner is indian national. We have applied for a 309 partner visa on the 4th April 2018.

We have not had any updates, communication or anything from department as if our application has not been seen. I visit India to see my partner as much as possible in between uni and work (every 3-6 months so far).
We applied with police clearance and medicals done so an decision ready application and have applied through an agent.

is this normal to have not heard anything as its coming on 13 months?
Hi cmc,

I don't think I can provide any advice on your situation, but I can surely make you feel better by saying that I am in a similar boat as of you.

My application too has not been looked into. I applied on 25th of Feb 2018, and status still says received. My husband too is an Australian Citizen and I'm an Indian national.

However my husband was asked to submit his PCC in the month of May 2018, but nothing else. I assume since you may have already provided all the documents they needed, you did not receive this mail.

From what I have understood (I may be wrong), they do an initial check of all applications to see if all standard documents are provided. If not, they request for those documents. Then you need to wait until a case officer is assigned, which can happen immediately or take ages like in our case :(
Then again, the case officer may or may not contact you for more information, so we will never know when they are assigned.

But please do keep us updated, so people like me and you can feel that we are not alone..
I'm hoping there will be more speedy grants after elections... fingers crossed on that..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

my wifes 309 visa was granted this month April and she was immediately granted the 100 visa.

We applied from Europe mid-November and the visa was processed in Berlin and it took 5 months approximately without a case officer

We frontloaded everything, police checks, health requirements and other essentials. we are given until the end of October for the first entry to Australia. As i have written this the expected process times are 15 months 75% and 20 months 90%

I hope it helps you all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi,

my wifes 309 visa was granted this month April and she was immediately granted the 100 visa.

We applied from Europe mid-November and the visa was processed in Berlin and it took 5 months approximately without a case officer

We frontloaded everything, police checks,
health requirements and other essentials. we are given until the end of October for the first entry to Australia. As i have written this the expected process times are 15 months 75% and 20 months 90%

I hope it helps you all.
Heya what nationality is your wife?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you. Lodged application online. Wife from Nepal. I'm Australian Citizen. (AHC - New Delhi)

Lodged in Dec 2018. Case Officer requested Medical and 40sp form in February. Submitted them in March. Case Officer requested the 40sp to be submitted online in April. Submitted the online 40sp and Visa granted the same day.
lucky you guys, me from Nepal and husband Australian. we've been waiting since July 2018, visitor visa also rejected once but got the family visa for one month. I went, had holiday with him and got back again and still waiting for Partner visa. very happy for you though!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,

We frontloaded everything, police checks, health requirements and other essentials. we are given until the end of October for the first entry to Australia. As i have written this the expected process times are 15 months 75% and 20 months 90%

I hope it helps you all.
Congratulations, you have just given me hope, I applied Jan 26th 2019 for Berlin Office. I hope to get my wifes 309 before Jan 2020.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thank you. Lodged application online. Wife from Nepal. I'm Australian Citizen. (AHC - New Delhi)

Lodged in Dec 2018. Case Officer requested Medical and 40sp form in February. Submitted them in March. Case Officer requested the 40sp to be submitted online in April. Submitted the online 40sp and Visa granted the same day.
Hi, i would like to know if the form 40sp u submitted was the online or u downloaded the paper form, filled and submitted online

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shes from a German-speaking country, I won't say which due to data protection Laws, I hope that helps
Hi Daniel91, can u please advise if you been married or in relationship with your partner for a long period as usually a subclass 100 is granted at the same timealomg with 309 if the applicant is married with it's sponsor for atleast 3 yrs.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Daniel91, can u please advise if you been married or in relationship with your partner for a long period as usually a subclass 100 is granted at the same timealomg with 309 if the applicant is married with it's sponsor for atleast 3 yrs.

Thanks
Hi Aus,

we are married well over the 3 years requirement, and yeah you are correct, that's why we were able to get the 100 visa

best,

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks
Hi Aus,

we are married well over the 3 years requirement, and yeah you are correct, that's why we were able to get the 100 visa

best,
Thanks a lot for confirming that, mate ! Wish you both a bright future together...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations, you have just given me hope, I applied Jan 26th 2019 for Berlin Office. I hope to get my wifes 309 before Jan 2020.
Hi Kalloggs40,

It seems they are pretty quick in Berlin provided everything is correctly & cleanly submitted. And as mentioned, frontloading makes it quicker.

At the same time, it's risky. We were hoping it will get processed before the 12 months are over otherwise we would have had to start over with Police checks, translations and that health test.

I hope you have just as much luck, Im sure you will :)

take care!

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
From Turkey - still

Hey guys,

Just to ease some of the waiting strain, as I'm struggling to find similar stories from Turkey I wanted to briefly share ours. I'm an Australian citizen by birth and met my husband in Turkey 4 years ago and married in November 2017. We applied for visa subclass 309 to in October 2018 and finalized all the documents within a month. In the meantime, as my husband had been granted a swift Visitor Visa to Australia we had a year to come and go and spent two months during the new year period.

Only after we returned home did my husband receive a direct phone call on February 20 stating that our case officer in Ankara Turkey had approved the documents, that all documents were in order and nothing was required of us. She stated that they would now be sent for approval to the ambassador but it looked positive. Next to this she did confirm that should my husband wish to apply to Australia for a workers permit that they would be able to assist so we could move to Australia sooner and await our partner visa outcome there.

Soon after returning to Istanbul to wait out the period, we were offered jobs in Eastern Europe and now wait out our process here.

We are still actively updating our visa information where necessary i.e. telephone, address etc. The online "Further Assessment" status has still not moved, however after 6 months we are still patient and hopeful.

Just to clarify we were extremely thorough and timely with the application, including form 40sp, my sponsor application, police checks and health assessment.

I hope our example is relatable at all.

Please feel free to ask us about any further information and insight. WOuld love to try and help!

Good luck to us all!

Y

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Initially, I downloaded the paper form and submitted it online but this was the message I got from the case officer - "Please note the form 40SP you have provided, is old version and is not acceptable."

Here's the link to current online 40sp form -
https://online.immi.gov.au/elp/app?action=new&formId=FV-Partner-SPON
This comes up time and time again but people keep submitting a paper form. It's obsolete and was meant for paper applications, which are no longer an option. Even the checklist on immigration's website gives instructions for the sponsor to do the online form and does not mention a paper form anymore.

Unfortunately, many social media groups still share the misinformation and links to the old paper form. For some time immigration would still accept it, but it seems they're no longer doing so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Getting close to 11 months on my wait for my partner. She's strained by the process. Hoping that post election there is a speed up in processing.

2261 - 2280 of 5135 Posts