Australia Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 5307 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You can always apply and have it, just don't upload it until a case officer asks. They only give you 28 days to have it or a receipt that you have tried to get it.
There's no point in having it and not uploading it. The validity of it is from the date listed on the check, not when it's uploaded. So if one has it, they may as well upload it. Waiting for it to be requested just causes an unnecessary delay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Make much more sense

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,
New here and my wife is overseas about to lodge an application.
I am not sure whether I need to start a new thread or post it here. Since this is for visa 309 which is the same visa we are applying, I thought I would get more help in here :)
I have a few queries regarding the application. Hope they would be answered.

The first page after logging in under the list of application, it shows two application which I think is unusual.
One with here name and DOB and under it is family stage one incomplete
The other one is without the name and DOB and under it is family stage one incomplete as well.

Is it by mistake the New Application button has been clicked twice ? Because when I go to the second one (without the name and DOB it is exactly the same form- 27 page ofForm 47SP) So it looks like it is doubled up and I can delete it. Is that right ?

Is it Okay to have an authorized recipient of correspondence as me or can see chose it to be herself. It does not make any big difference but what are your thoughts ?

Page 11 - Non Migrating members of the family unit.
What exactly is the family unit ? Is it her parents and siblings or my parents and my siblings or both ?

4. Under relationship details in Page 18, does she need to give the details of all five major relationship aspect such as financial, household, social, commitment and development of relationship at this stage or can we write that "a more detailed explanation is attached separately" and put it under an attachment later with signed copy and date ? Or does this need to be filled in the application process. Because the word limit is 2000, some of those aspects may not be addressed fully within those limits. So, what would be the best way ?

Page 19 - Supporting witnesses
Give details of two supporting witnesses of the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor.
Here I am thinking of putting the name of both of our parents. Would that be alright or does it have to be someone from outside of the family ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi All,
New here and my wife is overseas about to lodge an application.
I am not sure whether I need to start a new thread or post it here. Since this is for visa 309 which is the same visa we are applying, I thought I would get more help in here

I have a few queries regarding the application. Hope they would be answered.

The first page after logging in under the list of application, it shows two application which I think is unusual.
One with here name and DOB and under it is family stage one incomplete
The other one is without the name and DOB and under it is family stage one incomplete as well.

Is it by mistake the New Application button has been clicked twice ? Because when I go to the second one (without the name and DOB it is exactly the same form- 27 page ofForm 47SP) So it looks like it is doubled up and I can delete it. Is that right ?

Is it Okay to have an authorized recipient of correspondence as me or can see chose it to be herself. It does not make any big difference but what are your thoughts ?

What exactly is the family unit ? Is it her parents and siblings or my parents and my siblings or both ?

4. Under relationship details in Page 18, does she need to give the details of all five major relationship aspect such as financial, household, social, commitment and development of relationship at this stage or can we write that "a more detailed explanation is attached separately" and put it under an attachment later with signed copy and date ? Or does this need to be filled in the application process. Because the word limit is 2000, some of those aspects may not be addressed fully within those limits. So, what would be the best way ?

Give details of two supporting witnesses of the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor.
Here I am thinking of putting the name of both of our parents. Would that be alright or does it have to be someone from outside of the family ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Cheers
Heya,

Well ill answer a few for you.
2. I am my fiance authorised recipient i think its just easier as i understand the aussie lingo and processes and means everything is given to me first.
3. Sadly means everyone in immediate family. So mum dad, siblings half siblings, step mum.
My fiance had a lot and some he doesnt speak to so i wrote a reason at the bottom why i didnt provide that info.
5. For mine i had my dad and a friend. I would suggest if an australian knows your fiance have them as a sponsor also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also
4. Sounds like they are asking for your relo details not anyone else. So just explain the best you can in the word limit they have given you. I assume they have done that as i heard people were writing essays.

·
Registered
153 Posts
1. Is hard to know as i am not sure what you are looking at. I know that sponsor and applicant need to do application so it maybe that but i suggest maybe calling immigration to clarify?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
1) I believe what you are looking at are the separate forms: one for the sponsor, one for the applicant. But without seeing it myself, I can't tell you for sure.

2) I believe Authorised correspondence is mainly talking about if you allow someone else to communicate for you on your behalf, ie. a RMA.

3) Yes, it is. All parents/siblings and their spouses (if applicable). We had to list my husband's family (his dad/wife, his mom, his brothers and their wives/partners), as well as my parents and siblings (4 brothers, 1 sister along with their spouses). It was a LOT of information.

4) Yes, you can write separate statements to address the four areas of the relationship and state it the way you did: "a more detailed explanation is attached separately." Or you could say "See attached statements," something along those lines. We didn't do this, but I've seen others do it with no issues.

5) For supporting witnesses, we put my husband's father and his stepmother (Australians). We also had them do the 888s for us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heya,

Well ill answer a few for you.
2. I am my fiance authorised recipient i think its just easier as i understand the aussie lingo and processes and means everything is given to me first.
3. Sadly means everyone in immediate family. So mum dad, siblings half siblings, step mum.
My fiance had a lot and some he doesnt speak to so i wrote a reason at the bottom why i didnt provide that info.
5. For mine i had my dad and a friend. I would suggest if an australian knows your fiance have them as a sponsor also.
Hi there,
Thanks for the quick response.
For No. 5, I got married overseas where I have the citizenship of. So, to assign as a witness I am thinking of those who were present in the wedding rather than the one who is an Australian but not present in the event. I do have someone I and my wife both know who I am thinking would be the right person for Stat. Dec but as a witness, I am not sure.
Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1) I believe what you are looking at are the separate forms: one for the sponsor, one for the applicant. But without seeing it myself, I can't tell you for sure.

2) I believe Authorised correspondence is mainly talking about if you allow someone else to communicate for you on your behalf, ie. a RMA.

3) Yes, it is. All parents/siblings and their spouses (if applicable). We had to list my husband's family (his dad/wife, his mom, his brothers and their wives/partners), as well as my parents and siblings (4 brothers, 1 sister along with their spouses). It was a LOT of information.

4) Yes, you can write separate statements to address the four areas of the relationship and state it the way you did: "a more detailed explanation is attached separately." Or you could say "See attached statements," something along those lines. We didn't do this, but I've seen others do it with no issues.

5) For supporting witnesses, we put my husband's father and his stepmother (Australians). We also had them do the 888s for us.
Thank you very much the reply.
1. From what I understand, as a sponsor I need to fill in a separate form. Maybe someone who did it recently in this thread can put some light on it.

2. Just a copy and paste from Page 8 of the form:
------------
Authorised recipient
Does the applicant authorise another person to receive written correspondence on their behalf?

This authorises the department to send the authorised person all written correspondence that would otherwise be sent directly to the applicant.

Does the applicant authorise another person to receive written correspondence on their behalf?

This authorises the department to send the authorised person all written correspondence that would otherwise be sent directly to the applicant.

No
Yes, a migration agent
Yes, another person
This person is referred to as the 'authorised recipient'.
----------------------
As you can see there are three options. No, Yes a migration agent and Yes, another person. So, my wife is thinking to chose the third option and put my detail underneath. I am not sure whether this is a very common exercise.

3. Thank you. We will put the details of the family members of both of us. i.e., her parents and siblings and my parents and siblings.

4. Yes, that would be save us a few days I guess. The reason we are thinking to do like this is it might take a few more days to complete the essay. So, until then we intend to lodge the application.
Probably within a week or two, we will end up uploading all the documents including the essays.
I understand there is not a time frame for uploading documents. Is that correct ?

5. Would the witness need to be present at the time of wedding ? I have a few Australians and PR holders who I am thinking to fill in the 888s for us. But they were not present at the wedding. So, my father and her father would be the ideal ones to be assigned as a witness. Additionally they will also do the non- Australian Stat Dec.
I hope I am doing it right. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Applied may 2017 n still waiting...

Anyone here is waiting on Partner 309 application since 2017?
Please share your current situation. I am desperately awaiting on my husband's application. Submitted in Colombo.

Timeline:
Sept 17 - Application submitted
Oct 17 - Biometric Completed and submitted
Jan 18 - Medical, PCC and Form 80 requested
Feb 18 - Submitted
Apr 18 - Further docs requested and submitted
Dec 18 - Seperate telephone interviews
Still awaiting decision. 19 months awaiting.
Applied july 2017 and still waiting...

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Page 11 Part D, 36: of form 47SP says:
parents and all your brothers and sisters (including full, half, step and adopted brothers and sisters)

We did just that, parents and brothers and sisters of the applicant, as stated on the form. We did not list In-laws.
This is for the applicant only, NOT the sponsors family, they are not relevant.

However, this is interesting, but possibly not relevant....

Member of the Family Unit definition changed on 19 November 2016.

The definition of Member of the Family Unit (MoFU) will be simplified and limited to direct family members under 23 years of age

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/Migrationagents/Pages/member-of-family-unit.aspx

A person will be a MoFU of another person (the family head) if the person:

1: is a spouse or de facto partner of the family head
or
2: is a child or step child of the family head or of a spouse or de facto partner of the family head (other than a child or step child who is engaged to be married or has a spouse or de facto partner) and:
has not turned 18
or
has turned 18, but has not turned 23, and is dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head
or
has turned 23 and is under paragraph 1.05A(1)(b) dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head

3: is a dependent child of a person who meets the conditions in paragraph

It is interesting that Australia has a different definition of Family unit to the American definition.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
We used the sister and daughter of the Sponsor, as two supporting witnesses, as they had met the applicant.

Parents would be OK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you very much people. You are helping me with quick responses and I hope I will continue to get more advises as we go along.
A few more questions.

Once the applicaion has been submitted, the next step would be to do the payment which I think I can do that on her behalf with my Australian Bank. Is that right ? That should be pretty straightforward I guess. Although there is no surcharges, would BPay take longer than Visa and Mastercard ?
My only target is to lodge the application before the new rule for Partner visa gets into effect. I am not sure when it will begin (maybe June as some people in some other forums have indicated). Is there any sign that it would begin this week or maybe next ?
So, just to be on the safe side I am thinking to lodge it maybe tomorrow and make the payment immediately, so that it is all good.

Would the application be considered as submitted once the payment is made or is it only after I as a sponsor login to IMMI and do my bits ?

The arranging, naming and uploading of the document is the stressful bit as I gather from the posts here. So I am thinking we could do it within two weeks. My question is can my wife apply for Tourist visa immediately after the Partner Visa application submission or do we need to do that only after all the documents in visa 309 application have been uploaded ? For the assessment of the visit visa, does the visa officer for Tourist Visa also take a look at the Partner Visa application ? Or has it got nothing to do with the partner visa ?

In the Tourist visa application, the length of the stay is what we are not sure about as of now. People have suggested me not to go for 12 months one as it has more likelihood of not getting approved. 3 or 6 months would be the best option I have heard. Your thoughts ?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thank you very much people. You are helping me with quick responses and I hope I will continue to get more advises as we go along.
A few more questions.

Once the applicaion has been submitted, the next step would be to do the payment which I think I can do that on her behalf with my Australian Bank. Is that right ? That should be pretty straightforward I guess. Although there is no surcharges, would BPay take longer than Visa and Mastercard ?
My only target is to lodge the application before the new rule for Partner visa gets into effect. I am not sure when it will begin (maybe June as some people in some other forums have indicated). Is there any sign that it would begin this week or maybe next ?
So, just to be on the safe side I am thinking to lodge it maybe tomorrow and make the payment immediately, so that it is all good.

Would the application be considered as submitted once the payment is made or is it only after I as a sponsor login to IMMI and do my bits ?

The arranging, naming and uploading of the document is the stressful bit as I gather from the posts here. So I am thinking we could do it within two weeks. My question is can my wife apply for Tourist visa immediately after the Partner Visa application submission or do we need to do that only after all the documents in visa 309 application have been uploaded ? For the assessment of the visit visa, does the visa officer for Tourist Visa also take a look at the Partner Visa application ? Or has it got nothing to do with the partner visa ?

In the Tourist visa application, the length of the stay is what we are not sure about as of now. People have suggested me not to go for 12 months one as it has more likelihood of not getting approved. 3 or 6 months would be the best option I have heard. Your thoughts ?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
6. BPay always takes 2-3 business days.
7. Once payment is received.
8. A tourist visa has no impact on a partner visa application.
9. Need more information on the applicant, previous Australian visas ect.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am a bit puzzled by your reply to 8 as surely they will link the two as the application for the visitor visa will talk about visiting a spouse or partner in OZ ? I am thinking of doing a similar thing later this year for future wife .

·
Registered
322 Posts
re . point 6 , may I ask what the new rule about partner visa is please ? i know they change things occasionally to make it more stressful and difficult ! ( wry smile ) .

·
Registered
801 Posts
I am a bit puzzled by your reply to 8 as surely they will link the two as the application for the visitor visa will talk about visiting a spouse or partner in OZ ? I am thinking of doing a similar thing later this year for future wife .
In what way will they be linked? Entirely different criteria for each, and seperate applications.
Many have been caught out thinking that the fact they have applied for a partner visa means they bypass the requirements of a tourist visa and have had it refused.
Each visa has its own requirements and you need to meet then when you apply.
It's not an issue applying for a tourist visa with a partner or pmv in play you just need to address to relevant criteria.

2301 - 2320 of 5307 Posts