Australia Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not true. Sometimes if it's only within a few weeks of expiry, they'll let it pass (I know of this happening to a personal friend), but more often than not from what I read on here, they request new ones.

Immigration do warn everyone that police checks and medicals are only valid for 12 months for immigration purposes and that it's best to wait until contacted, so I assume people that do them without being requested know the risk and are willing to take it in hopes of a speedier approval by having a decision ready application. This is what I did and I was prepared to pay the cost to get them done again if necessary.
actually another thought . The checks could be done about 6 moths or so after application lodged to give less chance of having to do them again. I imagine theydo not even start to process applications for 6 months or so anyway and one can forward further info at any stage . I assume you would need toknow where to get medical done and only they can tell you that ?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
actually another thought . The checks could be done about 6 moths or so after application lodged to give less chance of having to do them again. I imagine theydo not even start to process applications for 6 months or so anyway and one can forward further info at any stage . I assume you would need toknow where to get medical done and only they can tell you that ?
Yes, many people wait six months but it's still a risk as as many still take greater than 18 months and others even over 2 years.

The medical locations are listed on the website. The applicant can choose any of the approved locations they like. In fact, it's probably best to call around for pricing as it can vary between locations.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Looking at the 309 grants on this forum, so far this year, and with 79% having been done in 12 months or less (50% were done in under 9 months.), it would only affect a smaller number, about 20%, appearing to exceed the 12 month validity.

With the fastest 2 of those grants taking 2.7 and 3 months, I would suggest getting the Medicals done within 3 months, unless you know you have probable issues that might make for a longer processing time.

It is down to choice, and whether you wish to risk having to pay again, if yours ends up being a longer than average application.

I imagine theydo not even start to process applications for 6 months or so anyway
17% of the 29 grants, seen so far, were actually granted in less than 6 months.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
My medical expires soon, do i just book on my own and use the old HAP ID?
Some applicants do not get asked for a new medical.

I would email immigration and ask if a new one is needed as your application is now at x months.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My medical expires soon, do i just book on my own and use the old HAP ID?
I'd just wait to see if they'll require you to redo it. I've seen a few folks whose medicals expired, but weren't asked to redo them and they got grants. So, if it were me, I'd just sit tight and see. As for Police Checks, I have seen them ask for new ones, so if you need to redo those, I'd go ahead and upload new checks.

Reactions: MuntinMia

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, I am actually not sure to posting this. I just got visa granted both subclass 309 and 100. I lodged it by myself online 24 June 2018, took me 10 months and 21 days (I count !!!!) . One thing I learnt for this waiting time I suggest you go out and have some fun meanwhile you wait for visa to be granted. It won't happen over night but it will happen. Be patient , stay positive and enjoy your life.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all, I am actually not sure to posting this. I just got visa granted both subclass 309 and 100. I lodged it by myself online 24 June 2018, took me 10 months and 21 days (I count !!!!) . One thing I learnt for this waiting time I suggest you go out and have some fun meanwhile you wait for visa to be granted. It won't happen over night but it will happen. Be patient , stay positive and enjoy your life.
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking at the 309 grants on this forum, so far this year, and with 79% having been done in 12 months or less (50% were done in under 9 months.), it would only affect a smaller number, about 20%, appearing to exceed the 12 month validity.

With the fastest 2 of those grants taking 2.7 and 3 months, I would suggest getting the Medicals done within 3 months, unless you know you have probable issues that might make for a longer processing time.

It is down to choice, and whether you wish to risk having to pay again, if yours ends up being a longer than average application.

17% of the 29 grants, seen so far, were actually granted in less than 6 months.
mine has been 11 months and still nothing:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been reading every single one of your posts since applying for my visa, and today I'm happy to say I finally received the good news last week. What a massive relief!

FYI, here's my timeline:

Off-Shore Application (Brazil) for Visa 309 (Stage 1): 02/11/2016
Request for More Information: 07/03/2017
Visa 309 (Stage 1) Granted: 16/05/2017
- Time to Stage 1: 6 months
Eligibility for Stage 2 Notification: 03/10/2018
Application for Stage 2: 02/11/2018
Visa 100 (Stage 2) Granted: 09/05/2019
- Time to Stage 2: 6 months

I feel lucky to have been granted a permanent visa relatively quickly, but this is likely a reflection of the strength of my application. If your relationship is genuine and you've built a good application with plenty of evidence, your time WILL come.

Best of luck to all of you!

Best,
Joao

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been reading every single one of your posts since applying for my visa, and today I'm happy to say I finally received the good news last week. What a massive relief!

FYI, here's my timeline:

Off-Shore Application (Brazil) for Visa 309 (Stage 1): 02/11/2016
Request for More Information: 07/03/2017
Visa 309 (Stage 1) Granted: 16/05/2017
- Time to Stage 1: 6 months
Eligibility for Stage 2 Notification: 03/10/2018
Application for Stage 2: 02/11/2018
Visa 100 (Stage 2) Granted: 09/05/2019
- Time to Stage 2: 6 months

I feel lucky to have been granted a permanent visa relatively quickly, but this is likely a reflection of the strength of my application. If your relationship is genuine and you've built a good application with plenty of evidence, your time WILL come.

Best of luck to all of you!

Best,
Joao
Congratulations!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks for your story, but there really is no trick to this or magic bullet approach, its dumb luck and where you are applying from mostly.

I've been waiting over 12 months now and have been married to my partner for 5 years, we have piles of evidence and a shared residence, 100's photos over the 12 years we have known each other.

A very straight forward application with no over stays or other complications...The waiting continues.

Good luck to all - we need it.
seems that PMV's are processed much more quiclkly than partner visas whether onshore or offshore . Seems crazy as being married for a while or being in a de facto relationship for a few years seems much more likely to be a genuine relationship.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
seems that PMV's are processed much more quiclkly than partner visas whether onshore or offshore . Seems crazy as being married for a while or being in a de facto relationship for a few years seems much more likely to be a genuine relationship.
The PMV is easier, but then a PMV applicant also has to do the two, temporary and permanent, partner visas afterwards.
It is a more costly application, and has no medicare benefits while on that visa.

Total processing time to get to PR was just under 4 years for us, and that was considered to be reasonably quick.

After getting the PMV, we still had to prove the genuine relationship in the same way that other partner visa applications do.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Looking at recent actual grants, it does seem to show that the PMV is generally slower, as well as being an extra $1,200 approx.

Last 5 PR grants coming from a PMV, in months from PMV application to PR grant.

Last 5 PR grants, in months from 309 application to PR grant.

Also, even just comparing the PMV and 309 initial processing times

Last 5 PMV grant times
10.3, 9.4, 22.5, 3.6 and 6.3 months.
Average 10.4 months.
They then have to apply for the 820, which is the onshore equivalent to applying for the 309.

Last 5 subclass 309 grant times
5.9, 2.7, 8.1, 8.8, and 10.8 months
Average 7.3 months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi what is the country the 309 was lodged in? We lodged ours in India last June (2018) have had 5 refusals for visitor visas although we showed all documents humanly possible to show incentive - business land ownership, lease agreement, family ect it is completely heartbreaking this whole immigration process when I read people who lodged this year have had theirs already granted . How do you get a visitor visa tourist 600 approved when the standard refusal is the same every time and we cannot show anything more. Any info guys? Good luck to all

·
Registered
322 Posts
how disgusting to be refused a visitor visa and it seems that the right wing so called "liberal" government is obsessed with immigration and as anti family immigration as the Tory government in UK under Theresa May .
I am hoping to return home to OZ with my future wife from another so called "high risk " country and would like to return before she gets a spouse visa and she can visit me on a visitor visa or visas while we wait for spouse visa to be processed . Sorry but may I ask what reason Immigration gave for
refusing a visitor visa ? Good luck with the application.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi what is the country the 309 was lodged in? We lodged ours in India last June (2018) have had 5 refusals for visitor visas although we showed all documents humanly possible to show incentive - business land ownership, lease agreement, family ect it is completely heartbreaking this whole immigration process when I read people who lodged this year have had theirs already granted . How do you get a visitor visa tourist 600 approved when the standard refusal is the same every time and we cannot show anything more. Any info guys? Good luck to all
hi - my question below was addressed to you of course . thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Every time was the same : no incentive to return home - they always say I believe your wife in Australia will out way you wanting to return home and it’s not a genuine temporary stay. Who in their right mind would overstay a visa when we have a spouse visa in process, it’s ludicrous, I don’t understand how they can be so unfair and heartless with their “PRESUMPTION” how do we show we are honest people, he has good visa history to other countries in the past it doesn’t seem to matter. Our whole family are upset and stressed seeing us miserable living apart full time, I can’t leave my home and run to India because we are forced to do this to spend time together all the time, the financial strain is ridiculous. All we want is some time to together in Australia seeing my family and have a rest from constant stress of being apart while we wait our partner visa to be opened. We have had immigration lawyers do all applications for tourist 600 but we did the last one ourself to save the lawyer fees.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Every time was the same : no incentive to return home - they always say I believe your wife in Australia will out way you wanting to return home and it's not a genuine temporary stay. Who in their right mind would overstay a visa when we have a spouse visa in process, it's ludicrous
Actually a common occurrence, i know a few people who went this route and were mostly successful, expensive but successful.

2381 - 2400 of 5135 Posts