Australia Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, Just an update, My husband is Nepali and visa is being processed through Delhi immigration. We applied June 23rd 2017, so today marks 23 months waiting.. recently received a phone interview about 6 weeks ago and had to redo the medical and police check as first ones had expired. Now still waitinggggg (before 6 weeks ago we literally didn't hear from them for like 22 months) Hopefully anyday now 😭😭
Since you are at 23 months, they may be waiting one more month to possibly grant both the 309 and the 100 visas. If I were you, I'd upload more evidences since you applied for the visa, to show your relationship is still ongoing. Hopefully, they'll grant both visas and you won't have to worry anymore. Think positive! I've seen this happen a few times now.
Hopefully that's the case, it's great to hear some positive words. I'm also living in Nepal with my husband and haven't been back to Australia in 23 months so I'm aching to go home, may as well stick it out till the end!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, Just an update, My husband is Nepali and visa is being processed through Delhi immigration. We applied June 23rd 2017, so today marks 23 months waiting.. recently received a phone interview about 6 weeks ago and had to redo the medical and police check as first ones had expired. Now still waitinggggg (before 6 weeks ago we literally didn't hear from them for like 22 months) Hopefully anyday now 😭😭
Since you are at 23 months, they may be waiting one more month to possibly grant both the 309 and the 100 visas. If I were you, I'd upload more evidences since you applied for the visa, to show your relationship is still ongoing. Hopefully, they'll grant both visas and you won't have to worry anymore. Think positive! I've seen this happen a few times now.
Hopefully that's the case, it's great to hear some positive words. I'm also living in Nepal with my husband and haven't been back to Australia in 23 months so I'm aching to go home, may as well stick it out till the end!
I applied on July 2017 also.
Had an interview two weeks ago & asked to redo medical and police check.
Submitted both last week..
Now just waiting for the reply...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi! We just got our partner's visa too today! We are over the moon with happiness!
Lodged it in Hong Kong 2018 June.
I also applied in Hong Kong in Nov 2018.
Do you required to submit Hong Kong Police check?
How long did you wait after sending all additional information?
Yes. The first time we heard from the case officer was 1 April 2019 asking for my hk police check, husband's afp and marriage certificate. They only gave us a month to supply all the documents they were asking. We got the grant after 11 months of waiting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi i got the same thing, once my wife got rejected from tourist visa. then we havent applied anything yet. but you do get granted for famiy sponsor stream? do they actually asked for bond money? sorry if its too privacy
yes I got visa for family stream. they didn't ask any bond money at all. mostly they don't ask except some cases that's what I heard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi i got the same thing, once my wife got rejected from tourist visa. then we havent applied anything yet. but you do get granted for famiy sponsor stream? do they actually asked for bond money? sorry if its too privacy
yes I got visa for family stream. they didn't ask any bond money at all. mostly they don't ask except some cases that's what I heard.
Hi girlygal1,
Can you also plz advise if the family sponsored visa has the visa condition 8503 as well?

As I heard that the immigration usually impose 8503 on family sponsored visitor visas.
TIA

Hi

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hi girlygal1,
Can you also plz advise if the family sponsored visa has the visa condition 8503 as well?

As I heard that the immigration usually impose 8503 on family sponsored visitor visas.
TIA

Hi
The 8503 has to be imposed on the family sponsored visa

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my visa yesterday guys ! Really appreciate the help from this forum !

309 Timeline:
Brazilian passport, applied from New Zealand and was processed through Fiji

Date of lodge: 24/06/2018
Request for police checks and health exams: 16/10/2018
Visitor visa applied and granted: 03/01/2019
Request to leave Australia for grant: 20/05/2019
Visa 309 Grant: 27/05/2019

:D:D:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi to all..

I am still waiting..

My husband applied 309 (offshore) on 6th of June 2018 (from Malaysia & he's a Nigerian)..front loaded...

Health check - 20th June 2018
Police check - 19th July 2018
Biometric - 19th June 2018

last updated in the immi account : 10th of July 2018 & status changed to Futher Assessment

as we all know now the time line has changed to 13-19 months this month...

Feeling nervous as next week will reach a year!

dont know what else to say or think...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife's 309 visa was granted today (28 May 2019). The process took less than 6 weeks and we still can not believe it. Here is our story:

I am Australian and Turkish (dual citizen). After living in Australia for many years, I moved back to Turkey on October 2016. I met my partner in Turkey (she is Turkish) and we got married in January 2019 in Turkey. We both currently live in Turkey.

We applied for 309/100 visa online from Turkey on 15 April 2019.
We continued uploading all supporting documents over the next 4 weeks.
I submitted my sponsorship application on 13 May 2019.
She completed her biometrics and health check by 20 May 2019 (we front loaded everything without any request from the Department).
Visa (309) was granted on 28 May 2019.

We still can't believe how quick the visa was granted. After reading all the comments here we were expecting it to take almost a year.

Here are some suggestions:

Do not upload a lot of documents without any reason. Only upload what is asked. Front loading definitely helps.

We wish everyone all the best and good luck. Australia is 100% worth the wait.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife's 309 visa was granted today (28 May 2019). The process took less than 6 weeks and we still can not believe it. Here is our story:
That's wonderful for you - but really its terrible because it shows just how lopsided and completely random the process is, some wait 2+ years and others a few weeks..we need a global que, it shouldn't matter where you apply from.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am Australian and Turkish (dual citizen). After living in Australia for many years, I moved back to Turkey on October 2016. I met my partner in Turkey (she is Turkish) and we got married in January 2019 in Turkey. We both currently live in Turkey.

We applied for 309/100 visa online from Turkey on 15 April 2019.
We continued uploading all supporting documents over the next 4 weeks.
I submitted my sponsorship application on 13 May 2019.
She completed her biometrics and health check by 20 May 2019 (we front loaded everything without any request from the Department).
Visa (309) was granted on 28 May 2019.

We still can't believe how quick the visa was granted. After reading all the comments here we were expecting it to take almost a year.

Here are some suggestions:

Do not upload a lot of documents without any reason. Only upload what is asked. Our relationship statements were 4 pages long with references to supporting evidence documents. We had 3 supporting witness forms. All up we uploaded around 50 documents. Front loading definitely helps, there was no communication needed between the case officer and us.

We wish everyone all the best and good luck. Australia is 100% worth the wait
Wow, speedy! Congrats.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello,

I'd appreciate some help here. I received a further information email on a couple of things.
A. Relationship statements
B. Sponsor police check from PNG (will take weeks, he's so stressed out)
C. Call logs
D. Social media COMPLETE CHATS, showing name and dates.
E. Joint bank accounts or wills etc

A. I thought when you fill in the document online 47 and 40, that that's the statement?
B. Would they grant the 309 as we wait for the police check from PNG with receipts to show we've applied for it.
C. Those I got. Does Aussie give call logs for prepaid card phone holders?
D. My husband has serious anxieties and he has 3 fb accounts. We use all 3 to communicate, does that look dodgy or should we just mention it?
E. Everytime I visit him on a visitor Visa we are unable to open a joint bank account, because I'm a non citizen. Same case in my country. They refused to have a non national open an account.

We are so stumped and feeling frustrated. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happy new month to everyone. My name is John , i am a new member in this forum, please i have few question to ask you relating to my partner visa 309, please below are the questions, i will be glad if you can help me with what to do. I am married to an Australia citizen and my visa 309 is on process. Here are the questions below;

[A] FORM 1221

[1]

In my form 1221, question number 18 [Q18] says;
[ Intended arrival date ]
[ Fight details]
please since my visa is not yet issue, what are mine to fill there.

[or should i write; as soon as visa is issued.
address me on this please.

[2]

Question number 19 [Q19] of the form 1221 says;
Intended departure date'

please what should i write there,
should i write never since i am coming to stay with my wife and the visa is a partner visa.

And there is form 80 in my wife's [sponsor] documents that she is to fill about her own self,

[1] please do my wife need to fill her own FORM 80 since she is my sponsor, the form 80 is already in the documents which was in her name.

[2] in the form 80 that is in my sponsor's name'
Part I; says;

Proposed travel / further stay?

[since she is an Australia citizen, can she write '' live here permanent'']

Part J; says;

Australian visa history.

[can she write ''i am an Australia citizen living in Australia]

And very important, i have already fill form 80 that comes up with my name. Please do my wife [sponsor] need to fill another form 80 that comes up with her name.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello,

I'd appreciate some help here. I received a further information email on a couple of things.
C. Call logs

A. I thought when you fill in the document online 47 and 40, that that's the statement?
B. Would they grant the 309 as we wait for the police check from PNG with receipts to show we've applied for it.
D. My husband has serious anxieties and he has 3 fb accounts. We use all 3 to communicate, does that look dodgy or should we just mention it?
E. Everytime I visit him on a visitor Visa we are unable to open a joint bank account, because I'm a non citizen. Same case in my country. They refused to have a non national open an account.

We are so stumped and feeling frustrated. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any and all help appreciated.
Yeah state that ur husband has 3 different facebook accounts.. create three separate pdfs ..one for each.. and take screenshots of the chats between u and ur husband.. for all the three accounts..

Since you dont have joint account.. just let them know u do not have a joint account since ur country wont allow a non national to open an account.. u can state this in writing, and sign and then scan as pdf

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Hello,

C. Call logs

I would consult a good RMA for a consultation to review your application - other than the police check, the other stuff is concerning.

You just supply the evidence (receipt) of applying for the police check, then upload the document when you get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does the sponsor of a 309 need to fill out form 80 also?

In my sponsor forms which comes up with her name, form 80 is there, please is she to fill the form 80 also.
I have already filled the form 80 that comes up with my name.

2421 - 2440 of 5334 Posts